Job Title Quantity Surveyor
My client undertake partial or turnkey projects including ground/civil engineering works, steel frames and access metalwork, cladding, masonry, joinery, full fit out and finishing trades both on new build and refurbishment projects. They regularly undertake structural and architectural design as part of their service. My client prides themselves on their excellent reputation repeat business from many of our longstanding clients and continued close working relationships with our supply chain.
Key focus of the Role:
The management and control of financial matters for live site projects and from time to time tendering for new projects. Including the procurement and management of materials and plant suppliers along with subcontractors and labour only operatives. Full cost control of projects, management of contracts including project variations, production of applications for payment / invoicing and final account resolutions.
Previous experience in projects from the pre-construction and bid stage, responsible for all commercial activity through to project completion. Ideally, you will have 2-4 years Project QS experience, able to take commercial lead on a variety of projects, with a proven track record on profitable projects as well as being commercially aware. CSCS card, and SSSTS would be an advantage but not essential.
Other responsibilities include:
· Control of subcontract and materials ordering/procurement including payment and payless notices.
· Provide support for estimating services providing detailed measures, including Bill of Quantities production
· Management of sub-contract packages on projects in a timely manner protecting the company's contractual position
· Protect the company's contractual position on all projects worked on
· Measurements, valuations, and agreement of work sections
· Submission of accurate and timely payment applications, and chasing payment certificates and outstanding payments
· Ability to identify areas of overspend, waste and commercial risk, and be able to produce feasibility studies and cost plans
· Production of accurate internal cost reporting, in addition to producing final accounts, and extension of time claims
· Working closely with the Construction team, able to advise on commercial risks and opportunities within projects
· Price tender submissions
· Cashflows, cost reporting and contract adjudication
· Meet clients and attend site meetings to review and discuss work carried out
You will need strong communication skills, and be able to form good working relationships with all parties. As a team player, you will be able to work in an assertive manner, good at negotiating, with a logical approach to prioritising the tasks in hand. You will also be organised and methodical in your approach to working in accordance with our Company Policies.
Proven IT skills combined with the ability to read and understand technical documents and contract interpretation are key to this role.
£30,000 - £52,000
Please include your salary expectations as part of your application.
If you want to discuss please contact me on 07980 006 436 if you want to apply please email me
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.