Quality and Environmental Manager - building/construction - Sellafield, Cumbria - working on a long term framework for a well-established, secure regional contractor.
Overall Purpose of role:-
To ensure that the company assurance arrangements for Quality & Environmental compliance are developed and maintained to be simple, easy to use, follow governance requirements, and be lean – reducing administration burden and bureaucracy wherever possible.
Development of the business management system such that it adds value, efficiency and consistency to the business processes used, development and management of the business audit programme for Quality and Environment compliance, and to ensure that legislation and accreditation requirements are satisfied.
Responsible for Quality & Environmental assurance strategies, policies, programmes and initiatives to reflect the current and future requirements of the business.
Uphold and communicate the values and culture of the Brand.
Development of systems to support the digitalisation project:
• Understand and support the five-point plan of: No loss making projects, Completions on time, Build defect free, Recover our overhead, be the contractor everyone wants to work with and for
• Undertake GAP analysis of the current business management system and associated company records vs the above profit plan
• Review business management policies, procedures, etc, to determine that they are appropriate for the business requirements, and that they are capable of being delivered consistently and add value to the business.
• Following the review and if necessary develop business management policies, procedures with the objective of the system having a wholistic view of process and being as LEAN as possible
• Develop method of evaluating and assessing Quality & Environmental performance, for example KPI’s, Cost of Quality, Defect Management
• Include development of a learning and continual improvement (Learning from Experience (LfE) workshops, Readiness reviews)
• Understand the aftercare system so that defects from completed projects are understood and avoided in current / future projects
• Obtain Managing Director approval before implementation of any new processes
• Ensure the effective communication of business assurance requirements through effective training and communication to the business.
• Support Regional & Department Management in the delivery of Quality & Environmental assurance performance within the business
• Develop Quality and Environmental review process at a project level- 6 weekly quality meetings
• Develop and execute Quality & Environment audit programmes and maintain
• Undertake the assessment and evaluation of quality and environmental NCR’s corrective and
preventative actions, to ensure concessions are effectively managed and records maintained
• Identify, obtain and retain any necessary legal or third-party certification to meet the operational requirements of the business and its customers
• Provide professional advice in relation to quality, environmental assurance
• Supports the delivery of the annual Quality & Environmental strategy
• Develop and maintain an assurance calendar for the business, identify critical milestones, licence renewals, legal updates and reviews,