Out client, s a long established and highly successful civil engineering contractor specialising in railway engineering is seeking to employ a Structures Examiner.
As an STE4 you will undertake accurate examinations, gather information which relates to the current condition and situation of rail structures, using company and technical documentation for reference particularly NR examination standards NR/L3.
Following the examinations, you will produce examination reports to accurately reflect structures integrity and ensure that they provide a valid and complete picture of any degradation including suitable sketches and photographs.
* Undertake accurate examinations, gather information which relates to the current condition and situation of rail structures, using company & technical documentation for reference particularly NR examination standards NR/L3/CIV/006
* Record & store findings of examinations, keeping good records using site notes / sketches & photographs
* Undertake reconnaissance visits where appropriate & provide resource plans to include proposed methods of working inclusive of labour & plant resource estimates
* Working with the Works Delivery team, facilitate the delivery of on-site activities, ensuring that works are completed safely, on time and without incident
* Produce examination reports to accurately reflect structure integrity
* Take responsibility for the recognition of and dealing with serious defects which pose an immediate threat to the safety of the public or rail traffic
* Actively develop working methods to improve the quality, quantity & safety of examination activities
Candidates will be degree qualified Civil Engineer or certified completion bridge inspection / examination training course or qualified by experience, with a strong background in civil engineering as well as experienced of undertaking STE4 duties.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.