Project Manager - West London up to £190 per day - Immediate Start - 4 months
My client one of the UK's Largest Facilities Management companies are looking for a Project Manager to manage a team of Park FMs in the West London area.
Reporting to the appointed Account / Senior Contracts Manager the successful candidate will be responsible for the operational management and performance of the
contract(s) / site(s) to which is assigned.
Ensuring works are completed safely to programme, budget and quality standards expected by the client in a professional and ethical manner adhering to
commercial guidelines, established best practice and professional/company standards.
The Project Manager will:
Ensure all supporting functions sustain operational management to maximise returns in terms of profit and service level.
Identify, manage and reduce all unnecessary costs and inefficient activities – ensure project / contract risks are clearly identified and controlled.
Promote the development of team members and actively encourage effective relationships.
Ensure the establishment and administration of working processes, planned and reactive maintenance regimes, health, safety and environmental management
and support to the contract commercial team are all key parts of the role.
Ensure that all works including those of suppliers and subcontractors are supervised and coordinated to deliver on safety, quality, programme and environmental
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Manage subcontractors, service providers & operatives to construct the works safely.
• Review, produce & monitor Task Control Sheets & method statements for all works
• Ensure site inductions are carried out
• Puts safety first and instills this in subcontractors and suppliers.
• Ensure that works are coordinated to ensure suitable safe access and segregation is maintained.
• Ensures that suitable welfare is in place and maintained.
• Make efficient use of standard IT packages to efficiently manage own time.
• Use specialist software to assist in contract delivery for example VNexus, CAD, 4Contracts, COINS etc.
• Understand contract objectives and communicate to site teams.
• Sets up teams to complete sections of work.
• Recognises change on site and retains records as required by the established change control process.
• Assists in establishing procedures to ensure that all safety documentation is collated and retained for example scaffold
inspection records, PUWER records etc.
• Participates in knowledge share events.
• Develops day to day plan for site operations from contract programme.
• Fully aware of the resource requirements to effectively complete a section of work.
• Familiar with supply chain procedures.
• Makes effective use of Plant Support Team.
• Manages site activities to ensure works are carried out safely and in accordance with the method statements, that they remain
on target and takes action as required to rectify problems.
• Effectively manages site reporting such as record sheets, site diary etc.
• Sets up processes to ensure the site team effectively manage all site reporting such as record sheets, site instructions, daily
diary, EPI, handover information etc.
• Capable of arranging for works to be executed to meet an established budget
• Familiar with COINS
• Establishes and works to maintain robust open and honest reporting with all parties to ensure contract meets targets.
• Ensures that key details pertaining to the works are clearly communicated across the contract team.
• Assist in negotiations with subcontractors, the client etc. to reach resolution on commercial issues always aiming for a win – win
Level of Responsibility
Responsible for initiating and leading tasks and processes, taking responsibility and being accountable,
where relevant, for the work and roles of others whilst exercising broad autonomy and judgement within
broad parameters in their area of responsibility. Specialist learning and involves detailed analysis of a high
level of information and knowledge in an area of work or study
TWWW Document Reference VF-HRX-FR-0016-0058 Rev No: 01 Date of
issue: January 2021 Page 2
• Aware of the process and actively aims to safeguard the contract from action of this kind.
• Is familiar and can work within the conditions of contract on the contracts that they have been involved with.
• Leads in management of the contract risk register and assigning owners to risks and ensuring that these are actively managed
out. Likewise, for opportunity.
• Ensures that robust on-site procedures are established and employed and undertakes daily checks.
• Undertakes regular checks to ensure workforce including sub-contractors are meeting quality requirements.
• Implements, updates and reports on the Inspection & Test Plans
• Establishes a culture that expects right first time and drives the Defect Free programme within all operations
• Undertakes regular checks to ensure workforce are meeting quality requirements.
• Undertakes weekly recorded site inspections for all ongoing activities
• Undertakes weekly recorded site inspections for temp works such as hoardings, scaffolds, Haki stairs etc.
• Ensures plant is inspected to meet PUWER guidelines.
• Seeks out opportunities for improvement, to overcome problems and mitigate risk.
• Identifies a choice of solution systems on the basis of personal experience.
• Evaluates and selects from options based on evidence from various sources.
• Able to understand new and innovative technologies.
• Records outcomes and advises others on potential improvements.
• Seeks opportunities to improve on provided information for commercial or practical benefit.
• Identifies and defines problems that require a solution.
• Engages with designers / subcontractors to develop conceptual and detailed solutions to problems
The role is for 4 months and is paying up to £190 per day, previous experience in a similar role is essential.
if you deem yourself suitable for this position, please apply Immediately.