My Client is a leading Professional Consultancy and Technical Services firm within the built environment. Due to increasing demand and a secured pipeline of commissions they have asked me to assist in finding, and placing, an Assistant Project Manager with relevant expertise gained within the Highways or Major Infrastructure Sectors to join their growing Project Management Team in Manchester.
You will work with, and support, their Project & Programme Management Team mainly on large scale, multi-million-pound highways schemes across the Highways England Investment Portfolio.
You will work with and be supported by a wider team of experienced professionals from client, design, contractor and surveying backgrounds, helping to provide a complete range of full lifecycle project management services from pre-development advisory services, to management of programmes and projects through, procurement, delivery and project handover.
A typical week would include:
Supporting a Project Management Service on Highways Schemes by assisting in undertaking the following duties:
* Project manage smaller schemes, or tasks for a larger scheme
* Establish a client brief with defined project benefits, scope, goals and deliverables
* Develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with the project and programme management teams and other stakeholders
* Support WSP Health and Safety Guidelines to achieve "Zero Harm"
* Manage project budgets
* Implement the Highways England project controls framework and obtain necessary approvals to proceed at each stage
* Support the Net Zero agenda
* Plan and schedule project activities and timelines
* Track project deliverables using appropriate tools
* Provide direction and support to project team
* Monitor and report on progress of the project
* Implement and manage project changes and interventions to deliver project goals
* Arrange project evaluations and assessment of results
* Prepare and present internal reports
* Support business development and tenders
We want to hear from you if you have:
* Degree-qualified in a project management, construction, design or related discipline
* Associate or Member of an appropriate professional institution - or working towards membership
* A project management qualification or accreditation, such as APM, RICS or capable of achieving the qualification within 24 months
* Basic knowledge and understanding of construction contracts and processes
* Knowledge of structured project control processes
* Experience of working in highways or major infrastructure sector
* Experience, working either as a client, consultant or contractor, in public and/or private sector environments
Meeting the objectives of technical excellence and leadership, supporting their values:
* Communicate and negotiate effectively
* Recognise and report risks
* Work collaboratively as part of a team
* With colleagues, behave as a trusted client advisor to contribute to their success, acting fairly, ethically, and in a corporate and socially responsible manner
* Achieve recognition within WSP and externally through qualifications, membership of professional institutions and by sharing knowledge to deliver professional excellence
* Act in a socially and environmentally responsible manner, committed to high standards of safety performance, leading to "Zero Harm"
* Care for colleagues, encouraging their development, engagement and achievement.
In return you will enjoy a highly competitive salary, 25 days leave and 5% pension. A flexible approach to work/life balance is taken at all times.
If your skills and experience match the description above, please send me your CV at the earliest opportunity for immediate attention.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.