Project Manager - Highways and City Schemes
Overall project lead for 5 standalone design and build schemes, all delivering transformational transport and accessibility changes within Southampton City Centre. The role will be to manage appointed project managers and successfully deliver the agreed success factors.
* Project delivered within budget and on time. Project budget is c.£18.6m and target completion by March 2023 to meet DfT funding requirements
* Project Coordination. Projects will need to be delivered independently of one another as standalone projects in terms of budget and deadlines, sufficient coordination to ensure disruption and impact on the public and stakeholders is minimised. Detailed programmes showing dependencies between the projects will be required.
* Project Communications. Effective communication using innovative technologies and techniques to engage with all stakeholders.
* Alignment with the SCC policies. The project are to align with the SCC Connected Southampton Transport Strategy, Green City Charter and support the Council's strategic objectives
* Demonstrable previous experience of the overseeing of project managers within the relevant industry.
* Proven ability to deliver complex projects ahead of programme, under budget and with zero defects.
* Experienced at working on multi stakeholder projects in highly political environments & public sector organisation The ability to communicate effectively is required to manage customer relationships, in addition to strong planning and organisation skills to deliver operational excellence and efficiency.
* Familiar with BIM level 2 components - BIM execution plans, Project Implementation plans, EIR's & collaborative working environments.
* Proven experience of leading teams, and confidence in the ability to lead, influence and communicate with others to deliver targets are required.
* Financial and commercial awareness is required to deliver targets, with a desire to continuously improve safety and sustainability performance.
* An appropriate and valid CSCS card is required.
* A relevant professional qualification, such as APMP, and a relevant technical qualification are desirable. Experience of Lean Construction principles and Lean practitioner training are desirable.
For more details and the full job description please contact Matt Purkis from Anderselite by sending your CV to this advert
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website at anderselite.com/non-discrimination-policy