Job Title: Project Manager
Sectors: Water, AMP7, WTW, STW, Sewage, Waste Pipe Infrastructure, Civil Engineering
Job Type: Permanent role
Salary: £50,000 to £60,000 Per Annum + Package (Negotiable on relevant experience)
Our client, an established and leading Principal Construction Contractor, operating within Civil Engineering sector, is currently looking for a Project Manager to join their team on a permanent basis. The role sits within their water division and will initially include project managing a £20+ Million Project, including:
- Installing 3 Kms of larger diameter waste pipes, increasing capacity during heavy rainfall
- Separating surface water from the sewage network
- Creating storage with smart controls, holding water back during large storm events and returning it, flowing back to the WTW once rainfall subsides.
- Various improvements at Stanley Downton Sewage Treatment Works.
Daily duties will include but are not limited to:
- Responsibility for the management of project delivery outputs including programme, commercial, HSQE.
- Daily management of multiple concurrent schemes, ensuring successful delivery of the overall project KPI’s.
- Ensuring that all schemes are delivered in accordance with current HSQE and CDM regulations/legislation.
- Review in-house & subcontractor RAMS, also completing Process Impact Assessments.
- Liaise with the end client to ensure KPI’s are met or exceeded, without compromising budget constraints.
- Managing the project team ensuring that each member has a clear set of objectives.
- Assisting the Delivery Manager with the development of the direct labour resources.
- Take responsibility of the commercial performance of each scheme, including Profit/Loss.
- Producing project performance reports and participating in monthly financial / programme reviews.
- Working with the wider Project Team, including Commercial Manager, Delivery Manager, Regional Director.
- Establishing and agreeing price variations and final accounts alongside the commercial team.
- Preparing estimates and quotations & provide tender vetting for others.
- Developing detailed project programmes, in conjunction with the project planner, ensuring the programme is maintained, to drive the project to key deliverable milestones.
- Ascertaining preliminary and detailed design/project requirements and solutions.
- Co-ordinate and liaise with suppliers, specialist sub-contractors, in-house functions, site installations teams.
- Procurement of plant, materials and specialist subcontractors.
- To ensure all contract documentation such as, “As built” drawings, Commissioning Manuals and Operation and Maintenance Manuals are prepared in line with the client specifications.
Candidates will ideally:
- Have previous experience delivering AMP6 or AMP7 projects valued £20 Million or above.
- Hold relevant qualifications, such as a degree/HNC/HND/NVQ.
- Hold relevant qualifications, such as IOSH, SMSTS, CSCS.
- Be I.T literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft packages.
- Have strong communication, organisation and planning skills.
- Have the ability to manage staff at varying levels, providing leadership and staff development.
- The ability to interact in a professional manner with senior representatives of our clients.
- To have a good understanding of NEC contract conditions and an astute commercial awareness.
For more information or to apply for this role, please contact Tim Smyth on 0121 200 5520 or via LinkedIn.