Project Manager required to support the growing portfolio and order book of my client. Based out of their office in Leeds, the successful Project Manager will be required to travel for the specific sites when employed by the business.
The core discipline of my client's work is civil engineering and the rail sectors. The portfolio of work the successful candidate will be involved in will be property refurbishment projects and taking charge of the coordination of structural sites.
As a Project Manager at the business, you will be responsible for the management of Network Rail and multiple rail related infrastructure Projects to requisite performance criteria, ensuring KPI's are met in line with client expectations.
To be successful in the role you will maintain and develop client relationships based on the mutual trust and high standards of project performance, develop, and promote existing and new work opportunities.
Working on the structures / property projects, you should have experience working with station building, platform renewals, culvert & drainage renewal, masonry repairs & strengthening and surface preparation.
As Health & Safety is paramount to the work we do, you must lead and implement professional safety behaviour and culture throughout the business, promoting positive change in everyday activities in your area of influence.
You will actively manage the safe day to day operation of the delivery depot and develop your framework delivery team, engaging with all team members to promote delivery excellence. You will coordinate and plan the most effective deployment of all resources.
Experience in civils, properties and structures projects will be essential to meet the demands of this multi-disciplinary contract. The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of site management on a variety of projects, which is essential to fulfil the role.
Other duties include:
- Requisition of major items of temporary works and permanent works materials, sub-contractors, plant, and equipment necessary to achieve the contract delivery as per delegated levels of authority.
- Planning, coordination, motivation and effective deployment of allocated Site Managers, Site personnel and resources in accordance with the client's Operations Manual.
- Prepare and implement site specific management plans to ensure site activities comply with the client's Health & Safety, Quality and Environmental policies.
- Prepare and implement site documentation and contract plans to confirm, as a minimum, to the client's requirement and specification.
- Liaise with the Contracts Manager and Commercial Director at all stages of the tender and contract works. Analyse, maximise, and evaluate contract performance and prepare weekly / monthly progress reports and completion feedback reports as directed.
- Monitor cost against budget, identify progress of works against programme. Keep weekly records. Liaise with Commercial teams to enable financial recovery.
- Provide technical support and practical advice to Site Management teams for the competent execution of the contract works.
- Work closely with the project team(s), ensuring understanding of drawings and technical specifications.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be required
Skills/ Experience required:
- Experience as Site / Construction Manager (5-8 years) - Essential
- Management of multiple work sites - Essential
- Working within a railway environment as a Project Manager (3-5 years) - Essential
- Strong leadership and management skills - Essential
- Client Focused - Essential
- Commercial awareness of cost monitoring and cost value reconciliation
- Project Management experience
- Strong technical knowledge
- Suitably qualified by experience
- Railway Safety Training (PTS)
- SMSTS or equivalent
- Previous CRE Construction - Essential
- HND / HNC - Desirable
- Continued professional development courses as appropriate
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.