Job Title: Project Manager
Summary of Role:
Responsible for the resourcing, development and leadership of a team, defining and communicating project objectives and constraints and complying with health, safety and environmental legislation, thereby delivering the end product on time, within budget and to the agreed quality.
To maximise profit whilst endeavouring to exceed all client expectations acting as the senior site representative on small to medium sized projects or acting in a Section Manager role on larger scale projects
Tasks & Responsibilities:
Managing organisational resources
* Maintain a clear management structure
* Ensure individuals are aware of what is expected of them and assign individual responsibilities
* Employ additional resources as required
* Develop individuals through coaching and training
* Manage employee conflict
Management of information:
* Management of designers, including providing direction for the design manager
* Production of information required schedules & subsequent monitoring
* Ensure dissemination of information to relevant parties
* Understand what BIM is, understand the implications and value proposition of BIM within the organisation
* Provide management information to line manager
* Ensure materials, plant and sub-contractors are procured to meet targets
* Ensure appropriate quality is achieved on the project
* Ensure that the works are undertaken in accordance with all HS&E legislation, and the site Health Safety and Environmental Plans.
* Review Health & Safety and investigate incidents, providing summary and recommendations
* Carryout periodic inspection of construction sites to ensure compliance
* Maintain strict adherence to the budgetary guidelines, quality and safety standards
* Identify the elements of project design and construction likely to give rise to disputes and claims
* Mitigate legal issues and defects liability for the business
* Communicate effectively with the contractors responsible for completing various phases of the project
* Decide on solutions to major issues and challenges
* Maintain & develop overall strategy for the project
* Develop plans to achieve specific goals
* Ensure that construction activities move according to predetermined schedule
* Monitor the progress of the construction activities on a regular basis and hold regular status meetings with all the sub-teams
* Review project plans with Contracts Manager on Monthly basis Liaison with client and end users
* Manage aspirations of client & end users
* Resolve queries and complaints
* Develop relationships for the future winning work
* Report on progress, problems and information requirements
* Ensure project documents are complete
* Manage site secretary / receptionist
* Set up project systems and review
* Procure IT requirements
* Ensure company procedures are being maintained by internal review
CSCS: Managers Card
Qualifications: Degree or equivalent
Professional Membership: MCIOB desired
Relevant Experience: Previous similar Project Management role on equivalent size projects up to or exceeding £50m.
Must have: First Aid at work & SMSTS.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.