Project Engineer - MEICA
An opportunity has arisen for a Project Engineer. Reporting to the Contracts Manager, you will be responsible for the individual management of schemes predominately for the clean water industry, with a particular focus on capital improvement projects such as new Water Treatment Plants and pumping stations.
Work type: Full time
Our client works in partnership and collaboration with their customers, to deliver major built environment and critical national infrastructure projects across the UK. Their specialist engineering and construction teams bring multi-sector innovation and technical skill - from building and highways, to large-scale water networks and treatment plants.
What you'll be doing day to day
* Outline engineering from inception to completion of schemes utilising in-house resources, site installation and construction personnel
* The timely completion of multiple concurrent projects, safely and within budget
* Liaise with client's engineering and operations staff to ensure KPI's are met or exceeded within budget constraints
* Attend internal and external review and progress meetings
* Active participant in Collaborative Planning
* Attend site visits/meetings.
* Ascertain preliminary and detailed design/project requirements and solutions
* Prepare estimates and quotations
* Complete contract documentation to the supply chain
* Manage site safety, health and environmental issues
* Co-ordinate and liaise with suppliers, specialist sub-contractors, in-house functions, site installations and construction teams
* Procurement of plant, materials and specialist subcontractors.
* Attend/undertake factory site and works testing, commissioning and client training
* Compile and collate final contract documentation, "As built" drawings, test sheets etc. for inclusion into operation and maintenance manuals
* Responsibility for Profit/Loss on contracts/packages undertaken
* Establishing and agreeing price variations and final accounts with the project QS
The experience we're looking for in a candidate
* An industry applicable ONC/HNC/B.Eng or NVQ equivalent
* Demonstrable experience of working within the water and / or sewage industries
* Commercial and contractual awareness
* Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
* Desire to understand and promote the Company purpose, vision, values and culture
* Trustworthy and ethical approach, exercising discretion where required
* Organised, structured and professional, with a passion for excellence
* Flexibility, resilience and the ability to influence and build relationships at all levels
* Commitment to the provision of excellent customer service
* Experience in a fast paced, national and multi-site business
* Self starter who has the ability to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines
What we can offer you
* Competitive Salary
* Company car / Car allowance
* 25 days holiday + bank holidays
* Holiday trading scheme
* Private Medical Insurance
* Perks at work scheme (discount from high street retailers)
* Free eye test vouchers
* Employee share scheme
* 3x life assurance
* Free Parking
* Flexible Working
* 5% enhanced pension contribution
To apply for this role please get in touch with Matt Purkis of Anderselite
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.