Job Title: Procurement Manager
I am recruiting for a Wakefield based client looking for an experienced and driven Procurement Manager to take over our purchasing operations. They are looking for a product-savvy professional who has extensive experience in the construction industry and who can initiate innovative policies to save the company money and improve our product quality. Specifically, we are looking for someone who can focus on our local spending and improve our relations with existing suppliers while finding new suppliers who can meet our needs more efficiently. We are a forward-thinking company who is expanding rapidly, so someone who is willing to grow with our company will be a perfect fit.
* Collaborating with external suppliers to identify partnership opportunities, you will be driving a proactive approach to Procurement leadership with a focus on innovation and sustainability.
* Develop a complex buying strategy to purchase direct materials.
* Negotiate price, payment terms, lead times and quality requirements, agreeing on year-to-year cost reductions to contribute to the strategic savings plan.
* Proactively manage supply chain risk, both financial and operational.
* Proven track record in delivering transformational results including optimized financial targets.
* Experience managing external suppliers at all levels.
* Report directly to the Director/Manager providing them with up-to-date reports on budgets and contracts negotiated.
* Source new suppliers and obtain new accounts for the business.
* Work alongside the Project Managers to provide details of new suppliers and terms agreed and develop schedules into project procurement plans.
* Skills related to contract management, demonstrating abilities in contract practice and procedural knowledge of legal/financial principles. An awareness and understanding of the whole life cycle of procurement, contract, and relationship management.
* Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
People management skills and leadership qualities.
* The ability to act on their own initiative and must be self-motivated.
* Work cross-functionally with all departments.
* Full UK Driving License is essential and a willingness to travel.
Salary and package
£25,000 - £40,000
If you are interested in this position then please apply via LinkedIn alternatively you can send an up to date CV or call me on 07980 006 436 if you have any questions or email me your cv
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.