Job Title: Principal Ecologist / Project Manager
Scheme: HS2 Phase 2a Works (West Midlands to Crewe)
Location: Leictershire (Or Work From Home With Site Travel - If Preferred)
Start Date: Q2 2021
Salary: Negotiable on level and relevant experience
Our client, and established and growing Ecological Contractor, who operate throughout the UK, as looking for a Principal Ecologist / Project Manager to join their team, to oversee upcoming works on HS2, on the next Phase of works (Phase 2a - West Midlands to Crewe).
In this role, you will work as part of a skilled ecology team, focusing on the delivery of ecological consultancy and mitigation works on HS2, in a fast moving, client focussed commercial environment. You will work with senior staff across the business, to setup, implement and manage working systems for the HS2 scheme, working within set procedures and guidelines, outlined by the end client.
Daily duties will include but are not limited to:
- Inputting to and the co-ordination of small and large ecological tenders.
- Attending at client meetings and/or with key stakeholders.
- Showing a thorough understanding of species requirements, legislation and protected species licensing.
- Preparing RAMS and Precautionary Working Method Statements.
- Preparing LEMPS, CEMPs and Mitigation/Habitat Creation Strategies.
- Preparing Biodiversity Net Gain Calculations.
- Reviewing of ecological documents.
- Resourcing, scheduling and organising site work and ecology surveys for a busy and growing team.
- Financial management, budgets and month end reporting.
Whilst the role is predominantly desk-based, there is also the opportunity to participate in a variety of ecology survey work if desired. With this, the role is flexible and can either be office based (Leicestershire), or home based, with associated site travel across the West Midlands to Crewe region. Ideally candidates will have an Associate Membership or Full Membership of CIEEM (or working towards it).
To apply for the role, or for more information, please contact Tim Smyth 0121 200 5520 or on LinkedI
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.