Plant Coordinator - Construction
Location: Stoke on Trent
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 + car allowance and general package
Job Type: Permanent
Job Description: Plant Coordinator
This is an excellent position to work with a highly regarded construction contractor based in Stoke on Trent. In this role you will work closely with the Plant Manager who is responsible for over 1000 items of plant and tools.
- Arrange the hire of all internal/ external plant as required by the contract
- Act as a point of contact for the hire plant - plant hire is informed of equipment being hired Inc. hire rates, delivery/ collection charges
- Accurately input hired plant into system
- Check/ file delivery tickets, collection notes and original test certificates
- Complete off hire sheets to plant hire and file/ record
- Complete transfer sheets when plant is transferred to other sites
- Ensure the correct level of service is being given from suppliers; notify plant hire if a supplier is not performing to the required standard
- Keep the plant tracker up-to-date
- Check the weekly rates are correct on plant hire sheets and match the plant on site
- Make Plant Manager aware if any plant shown on the hire sheet is not found/ proved as off hired; all discrepancies are to be investigated and addressed immediately
- Deal with any plant queries and pass on to the relevant managers for signature
- Record all costs of all repairs, losses and damages
- Carry out regular plant audits
- Report and complete any paperwork for thefts/loss or damage of plant items
- Ensure compliance with all documents, including procedures
- You will be responsible for raising plant requisitions, and On & off hiring of plant and vehicles.
Computer literacy and a good understanding of Excel is essential, along with good overall commercial acumen, the ability to work to a budget and save costs.
If this position is of interest please get in touch with Joe Lunt at AndersElite on 0161 829 3980.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.