I have been asked by my client to identify and assist in placing a suitable Flood and Coastal Erosion Risk Management Officer to be based from their office in Sale (regular site visits can be expected).
Roles in this family manage the whole lifecycle of flood and coastal risk management assets, i.e. from planning and delivery, through to upkeep and eventual decommissioning.
Acts as specialist or team leader. Role accountabilities can be interchangeable depending on the team and work being delivered but the overarching theme of all roles is leadership and assurance of our asset management services.
Specialist roles contribute to delivery of environmental objectives by acting as the technical advisor within specific area of expertise.
Team leader roles contribute through the management of a team to deliver on the specific aspects of the asset management whole lifecycle.
Roles may be responsible for directing project resources in a matrix structure working across the organisation or wider.
Works within a broad framework and outputs are subject to review.
* Provide expertise to support delivery of outcomes from our assets. This may involve advising teams and external partners in the execution of asset management activity, developing and implementing policy & processes.
* Produce and / or review documentation such as technical designs, risk assessments, reports or instructions to support management decisions and ways of working.
* Responsible for a team, providing leadership, direction and prioritising team activities in delivery to achieve specific asset management activities.
* Recruit, motivate and develop team members to ensure effective delivery of asset management activities. Ensures appropriate skill levels are developed and maintained and team performance is optimised in line with business objectives
* Plan and manage progress of work in line with defined plans. Identify risks to the delivery of priorities, making appropriate action to resolve issues. Some roles manage internal and / or external resources.
* Develop and maintain relationships, internally and externally to minimise the risks associated with our assets. In some cases, may be required to represent the Environment Agency at local government and public meetings, or similar. Roles may be required to work with colleagues across the Defra group to ensure services are delivered in the best way possible.
* May lead projects, usually to bring about effective change or improve business support services. May contribute to larger more complex projects.
Typical Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
* Roles require proven experience, usually gained within a relevant field. Depending on the role, this could be specific technical, engineering or other relevant specialised expertise / people management / project management.
* Requires detailed understanding of relevant business practices and procedures to enable management of, or planning for, delivery across multidisciplinary teams.
* Needs to understand management of budgets, revenue and / or capital expenditure.
* Roles typically require a relevant degree or equivalent experience. Roles at this grade in this job family may require professional qualifications or Chartered status.
* For some roles specialised and /or professional qualifications are mandatory.
Education, Professional Qualifications Requirements
* Educational experience is required in an engineering or science background or customer related field. This experience may be gained through a combination of formal qualifications and some experience through to no formal qualification and substantial experience.
* Working towards, a specific professional qualification or membership of a professional body
Expectations for these roles:
* Manages health, safety & wellbeing matters by actively promoting awareness and good practice, and ensuring the provision of safe working practices in line with Environment Agency guidance. Roles at this level in this job family may be responsible for safety in a regulatory capacity.
* Promotes inclusion by respecting differences in our workforce and works to build a supportive & engaging workplace.
* Required to understand, influence and negotiate with internal and external stakeholders. Needs to understand the audience and communicate at the right level.
* Ensures work is consistently delivered to required standards and service levels while reflecting best practice ways of working.
* Understands, interprets and communicates the work and structure of the Environment Agency within the wider context based on knowledge and experience.
If you feel that your skill and experience match some of the various requirements outlined above, please send your CV to me for immediate attention.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.