Job Title: Manging Quantity Surveyor (MQS Groundworks)
Location: Birmingham (With associated travel to construction developments)
Sector: Groundworks for Construction, Commercial Development, Residential Development etc
Type: Permanent role
Start: Q3/Q4 2021
Salary: Circa £75,000 to £80,000 Per Annum + Strong Package
** (Salary negotiable on level and relevant experience)
Our client, a large scale Construction Developer, who typically manage large scale commercial and residential developments, are looking to recruit a Manging Quantity Surveyor for their team, working with their pre-construction and commercial teams, managing the groundwork elements of new construction projects and large scale developments. In this role you will work on the initial stages of developments, including the initial land bidding and development design, to drive value engineering through best practices.
The role would suit a candidate who has an in-depth knowledge of groundworks methodology, ideally having previously worked for a groundworks or earthworks contractor. You will support the wider commercial and construction team, developing relationships within the supply chain, to ensure work is completely as efficiently as possible.
The role will be based in South West Birmingham, but will entail working on large scale developments nationwide, which will entail associated site travel.
Daily duties with include but are not limited to:
- Provides accurate groundworks costings in support of land bids.
- Value engineers proposed groundworks designs to support land bids and profitability levels.
- Manages, co-ordinates and communicates with consultants to drive efficient land bids and groundworks packages.
- Shares best practice with consultants and internal teams, potentially delivering workshops when required.
- Assists with the procurement and contracting of groundworks sub-contract packages.
- Provides benchmark costings to the Pre-construction team and the wider business.
- Providing forecast, targets and methods for under-performing sites.
- Builds and maintains relationships with supply chain members.
- Produces new BOQs, Add Omits, quotations for complete re-plans or alterations.
- Manages subcontractor and/or consultant disputes.
- Reviews all groundwork material costs and suppliers, ensuring margin targets are achieved or exceeded.
- Supports the Commercial team in the change control process and valuation of change.
- Maintain knowledge and adhere to relevant Group Policies and Procedures, Legislation and Regulations.
- Develop and ensure safe working practices.
Candidates will ideally have:
- An in-depth knowledge of groundworks methodology and market rates, having previously worked for a groundworks contractor or subcontractor.
- A relevant qualification, such as a degree or HND/HNC in Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering.
- A relevant accreditation, such as RICS or MCIOB.
- Strong commercial, contractual, legal skills, alongside technical and financial management skills.
- A strong professional network within the groundworks sector.
- Excellent communication skills.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.