Do you have the drive, skills, and ability as a Senior Maritime Engineer, to develop the future of our clients’ maritime business? The role will involve working with a respected technical team and working collaboratively to both secure and deliver work across an extensive client portfolio.
Our client provides specialist expertise for working with the sea – one of the most aggressive and unforgiving environments. Our clients maritime team specialises in dredging & reclamation, breakwaters & coastal defences, container & general cargo terminals, cruise terminals, roro & ferry terminals, fishing harbours, drydock & ship lift facilities, Intelligent Ports, naval facilities, liquid & dry bulk terminals, seawater intakes & outfalls, marine offloading facilities (MOLFs), marine support & supply bases, tidal lagoons & barrages and marinas and waterfront developments.
They enjoy successful partnerships with clients, other consultants, and contractors from the private and public sector, delivering high profile infrastructure projects. Our clients collaborative approach ensures the projects they deliver meet client’s needs in a sensitive and sustainable way. They embrace new technologies to design innovative outcomes that complement the environment and communities in which they reside; locally, nationally, and globally.
Our clients talented, award-winning team come from diverse backgrounds and have wide-ranging experience, which enables them to deliver a broad variety of projects. As a member of the team, you will work on this diverse range of opportunities that will allow you to share and broaden your skills and knowledge within an agile, digital environment. Joining our team will give you the opportunity to experience new challenges and design for the future. They offer a balanced career which will provide flexibility around your personal life, empowering you to progress and achieve your personal aspirations. Your story starts here.
- An established profile in the field of maritime engineering.
- Chartered Engineer with 7-12 years of hands-on design experience.
- Ability to identify and employ innovation in the development of design solutions.
- Strong collaborative and network behaviours to interface with other disciplines and businesses.
- Experience of working with offshore design support teams would be an advantage.
- Identify opportunities and lead or support bid teams to commercial and competitive standards.
- Lead small teams in delivering projects to the highest standards.
- Ensure the technical quality of project work meets the agreed requirements and specifications.
- Leading and inspiring colleagues in developing their technical knowledge and understanding.
- High level of technical performance.
- Able to generate innovative outcomes to challenges and follow them through.
- Self-motivated towards personal and team development.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good project management skills.
What we offer?
Our client recognises that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. They support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how they can accommodate individual requirements. As part of this commitment, they understand the need for a diverse and flexible workforce, where a work-life balance is important. So, by default our client offers flexible working, where there is no fixed 9 ‘till 5, no need for a 5-day week, no requirement for a full-time contract, and no requirement to spend all your working time in the office.
Please contact Reuben on 0113 242 0303 or firstname.lastname@example.org