My client is currently going through a period of expansion and as a result are looking to bring in a Managing Consultant. You will lead the management and growth of the Consulting practice in the North West, providing direction and development opportunities for the regional consulting team.
What you will be required to do:
- Build a high performing team to deliver the work that you and the Consulting Director will sell.
- Lead the consultants in your team, inspiring the work they undertake for clients, and guiding and supporting them along the way.
- Identify and create opportunities to enable team members to grow and develop their skills and capability, coaching them as necessary to help them reach their full potential.
- Ensure an appropriate work-life balance for the team, challenging them to both grow the work they undertake for clients, as well as their enthusiasm for the job.
- Discuss and agree with each member of the team, clear annual personal objectives that will challenge their professional growth and their contributions to the company and its customers, and to manage these through performance management plans and reviews in consultation with the Consulting Director.
Lead Market Making: We want to be leaders in our chosen markets and be the ‘go-to’ consultancy for our clients. Your responsibility is to:
- Monitor market developments in your region and identify opportunities for new growth and business relationships.
- Oversee the development of all client relationships in your region, and personally manage key accounts.
- Develop and manage an account management strategy for all your regional clients, ensuring all members of the team have an active role in developing our business with them.
- Work with the Consulting Director, other Managing Consultants, and the Marketing Manager, in developing and introducing new service propositions.
- Actively representing the consulting business in regional fora, conferences and networking events, seeking opportunities to speak / present wherever possible.
- Work collaboratively across the Consulting business and provide bid and sales support to other Managing Consultants when required.
- Work closely with other senior leaders of the broader business to promote cross-selling and delivery opportunities wherever possible.
Oversee Operational Excellence: To remain current we must deliver excellence and build on excellence. Your responsibility is to:
- Monitor the individual and collective performance of the team against agreed operational KPIs, and ensure prompt corrective action as and when required.
- Promote a culture of individual and collective learning and continuous improvement.
- Quality assure the project deliverables of your team.
- Lead post-project delivery reviews with the team, implement any lessons learned and share these with the rest of the consulting practice.
- Ensure the standards, norms, processes and practices of the consulting business are appropriately followed and implemented by all members of the team.
- Identify the training and development needs of each member of your team, proposing appropriate formal training opportunities for them to the Consulting Director and mentoring them in achieving their goals.
- 10 years+ of management consultancy and/or industry experience, particularly in health, social care and local government.
- A master’s degree or equivalent professional qualification in a management discipline (preferably in business administration, strategy, finance, project management or healthcare management), or at least 5 years of senior operational experience in one of these fields.
- Credible experience of leading complex business advisory assignments and transformation programmes, particularly ones which align with our key capabilities in estates and facilities management, asset management, options appraisals, and business case development and implementation.
- Experience of managing multi-disciplinary professional teams.
- Experience of working at / with chief officer and board management level.
- Knowledge of the structure, practices and workings of the NHS, social care and local government sectors.
- A Business Case qualification, Healthcare Planning qualification and/or Project Management qualification.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, then please forward a copy of your CV in the first instance.