Are you an experienced and ambitious Lead Mechanical Engineer with a design background in the water industry?
Would you like to work for one of the UK’s premier water treatment companies?
As our clients new Lead Mechanical Engineer, you’ll work closely with the Technical Manager to ensure we deliver first in class mechanical engineering processes, ideas and execution which push the boundaries of innovation whilst remaining compliant and Health & Safety focussed.
- Lead the preparation and analysis of key mechanical options, for review and agreement with the client and key project stakeholders ensuring risks and gaps are mitigated whilst always upholding the Project Basis of Design
- Design calculations facilitating the sizing of mechanical, hydraulic, power generating and building services equipment
- Liaise with the supply chain to ensure the latest technologies are assessed and understood as part of the optioneering process
- Collaborate with the design team to develop 3D models and solutions
- Oversee the outputs for several processes including P&IDs and Data sheets. HAZID and HAZOP studies and mechanical input into commissioning plans, including proposed performance tests
- Support the Technical Manager in the drive towards excellence in Health & Safety, demonstrating applied knowledge and skills to produce safe designs to discharge your obligation according to CDM Regulations and standards
- Ensure all technical work is carried out to the highest standard by embracing Project 13 and NIC “Good Design” Principles and use them to influence how we structure our design delivery
- Identify and promote opportunities to meet the project digital, sustainability, innovation, and people objectives
- To join us on this unique project, you’ll be educated to degree level and have a track record in delivering mechanical engineering major wastewater treatment projects.
- With strong communication skills, you’ll have excellent stakeholder management skills and champion collaboration to tackle challenges and obstacles which could hinder our objective of outperformance. Demonstrating strong IT skills, you’ll marry your technical and people skills to deliver the best mechanical engineering facility to your stakeholders on a regular basis.
- If you are looking for an opportunity to take the next step in your engineering career with an industry- leading alliance on a once in a career project, please apply today!
We can offer an extremely competitive salary with 25 days + bank holidays annual leave You will be required to be in the Peterborough office just two days a week (sometimes even less!)
Please contact Reuben on 0113 242 0303 or firstname.lastname@example.org