Purpose of the Role
To manage the large diameter piling contracts successfully with a focus on safety, quality, efficiency and productivity whilst also ensuring that contracts perform in line with budget and to maintain a motivated, effective and safety conscious workforce.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
• Ensure that sites are safely managed in accordance with all relevant Health and Safety requirements including implementing new procedures to reduce/remove site and environmental hazards.
• Ensure all projects are completed on time and on budget.
• Ensure that all plant and equipment is suitable for purpose.
• Complete site paperwork.
• Ensure that necessary resources are available to carry out the works.
• Manage Subcontractors effectively to ensure they are suitable to deliver.
• Manage operatives effectively to by motivating your team in addition to dealing with people management issues effectively.
• Carry out operative appraisals annually.
• 5 years minimum experience on ground engineering sites, supervising large diameter piling contracts.
• CSCS Gold Card / NVQ Level 3.
• CPCS Slinger / Signaller.
• SMSTS (Site Management Safety Training Scheme).
• First Aider.
• Experience as a Chargehand or safety coach.
• IT literate, Excel, and Word, PowerPoint.
• A sound technical knowledge of a range of geotechnical products and solutions.
• Full UK driving licence.
About the Company:
Our client is one of the UKs leaders in geotechnical solutions. Most of their client’s contract with them on small jobs, and delivering these on time, to high quality, every time is what builds their reputation and makes them the contractor of choice locally. And, as part of a global company, they also have the financial strength, know-how, capacity and the global reach to tackle larger and more demanding projects.
- Sector: Construction, Civil Engineering
- Contact: Andy McKenzie
- Contact Email: Andy.McKenzie@Anderselite.com
- Contact Phone: 02380 21221
- Expiry Date: 24 August 2022
- Job Ref: 397836AMC
Purpose of the Role