Job Title: HS2 Senior Project Manager / Project Lead / Project Director
Location: Flexible (Between Birmingham and Milton Keynes)
Sector: Civil Engineering, Infrastructure, Earthworks, Highways, Bridges, Rail, HS2
Type: Permanent role
Start: January/February 2021
Salary: Circa £70,000 to £80,000+ Per Annum + Package
** PLEASE NOTE: (Base salary can be negotiated, on level/relevant experience)
Our client, a growing Civil Engineering and Construction Contractor, who operate within the Infrastructure sector, have an excellent opportunity available for a Senior Project Manager / Project Director to join their HS2 team, managing the delivery of key HS2 projects, over the coming 4 to 5 years.
This role will entail delivering high value HS2 projects, where works will include but are not limited to; earthworks, muckshift, remediation, groundworks, structures, drainage, highways and tunnels and other related HS2 infrastructure works.
This role would suit an experienced Project Manager/Senior Project Manager, who is interested in taking a step up to Project Director level, or candidates who have previously worked as a Project Director on major projects. Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the ability to deliver complex projects within the Civil Engineering and Infrastructure sectors, valued in the region of £20 Million to £100+ Million (including projects such as, highways, rail and infrastructure schemes/developments etc.)
In this role, you will be accountable/responsible for related projects, including elements such as project delivery, programme management, health and safety on site, quality of the project, environmental impact, client interaction, customer satisfaction and the management of subcontractors/supply chain, as well as general responsibility of Cost/Financials, with the support of the commercial team.
In return, our client offers an exceptional salary + package, coupled with a productive working environment & effective working processes, allowing you to achieve the desired results in the most efficient and stress-free manner.
In this role, you will be expected to:
- Be responsible for programme management and project delivery, producing programme and procurement schedules.
- Manage, maintain and monitor HSEQ on site, setting minimum standards to follow.
- Continually work with the end client and all related stakeholders, ensuring client satisfaction.
- Manage the site team, including internal and external workforce.
- Control and monitor project costs, minimising risk and maximising profit where possible.
- Developing staff on site, ensuring sufficient training and development plans are in place.
- Work with the supply chain to ensure the best outcome for all parties.
- Use innovative construction, design and engineering techniques.
- Secure repeat business whilst managing all areas of project success.
Candidates will ideally have:
- A relevant qualification in Civil Engineering or Construction (i.e. Degree/HND/HNC or equivalent).
- Previous experience working in a similar role, as a Project Manager, Senior Project Manager or Project Director, on relevant Infrastructure projects such as Highways/Rail schemes etc. (With project values circa £20 Million to £100+ Million ideally).
- A strong knowledge of heavy Civil Engineering, incorporating aspects such as earthworks, muckshift, remediation, groundworks, structures, drainage, highways and tunnels and other related infrastructure.
- Experience of planning and programming work, including cost planning. (Advantageous)
- Strong knowledge of legislation and regulations used within the Civil Engineering & Infrastructure sectors.
- Strong IT skills.
- Strong management ability, including clear communication skills.
For more information, or to apply for this role, please contact Tim Smyth on 0121 200 5520.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.