Highways Design Engineer - Contract
My client is looking for a Highways design engineer to deliver effective highways design solutions for civil engineering / infrastructure aspects on a number of buildings projects.
Essential qualifications / experience:
Chartered Engineer or 10+ years relevant experience in highways and infrastructure design. Proven ability to deliver the attached services.
* Other requirements: Good communication skills and solution-focused service provision attitude and approach. Able to plan, design and coordinate production of design output (drawings, models, specifications) to budget and programme.
* Start date: Immediate
* End date: 6-month initial period, when reviewed
* Location: Hemel Hempstead, but some flexibility depending on personal circumstances.
* Design of road and drainage layouts and preparation of CAD layouts
* Road, junction and roundabout geometry design and the requirements of the DMRB
* Working knowledge of Civil 3D in order to manage modelling by technicians
* Design of Estate roads for adoption
* Design of pavements for roads and hardstandings to DMRB or other suitable standards
* Design of temporary haul roads
* Working with survey data and the use of building grid layouts in relation to National Grid
Survey data and the rotation of grids
* Design of car park layouts and construction
* Road surface drainage falls
* Working knowledge of drainage design
* Knowledge of pavement and subgrade materials
* Understanding of earthworks design, construction and testing for roads
* Specification writing for roads and drainage
* Road markings and statutory road signage
Additional Skills which would be considered:
* Use of Autotrack
* Statutory Services Coordination and dealing with Statutory Authorities
* Street lighting and illuminated sign designs
* Traffic Surveys and interpretation
* Concrete and RC design
* Working knowledge of drainage design software e.g. Microdrainage or Flow
* SUDS design and use of high return frequency design and climate change
* Production of drainage details to adoptable standards
* Preparation of contract documents
* Road construction site experience
* Liaising with Highway, Authorities and the Environment Agency
* Obtaining statutory approvals and negotiating Section 278 agreements
If this sounds like a role you could take on and make your own, please contact me at the earliest opportunity.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.