Health and Safety Consultant / Principal Designer - Brentford, West London - £300-£450 per day dependent on qualifications/experience - minimum 6 month contract but likely to be extended - industrial construction projects
As a member of our team, you will primarily be involved within our existing EHS Team carrying out Principal Designer duties on capital projects. As a Senior Consultant you will be part of our client-based team, where you will significantly contribute to the success of our client's projects by providing both Principal Designer and relevant EHS services. As part of the role you will be based on our client site in Brentford and/or Weybridge.
* Provide Principal Design services in line with CDM 2015 Regulations, including Design Principals, Design Reviews, assessment of Designers Risk Assessments, RAMS Assessments, PCI Reviews, CPP assessments, Contractor assessments etc.
* Designers Risk Assessment - Ensure all key projects where high input from designers is required has suitable and enough Design Risk Assessment in place
* EHS Team - This role will support all West London sites and in doing so will be expected to be part of wider EHS team and be involved in
* EHS inspections
* PC/ Contractor Due Diligence
* Reviewing of Construction Phase Plans
* Issuing of Pre-Construction Information Files
* Delivering EHS Objectives
* Incident Investigation
* Carry out safety inspections and audits (logging results with the established database) at intervals to be agreed on projects during the 'construction phase'
* Facilitate EH&S review process on behalf of the Project Manager at the four key stages (including lessons learnt).
* Identify and analyse trends from injury and near miss reporting
* Produce regular safety bulletins for distribution amongst the team and the contractor database.
* Act as the H&S champion on the client's site and engage with stakeholders in regard to EHS matters.
* Facilitate Competency checks on all contractors and designers and enter information onto the client database
* NEBOSH qualification, preferably NEBOSH Construction, or NEBOSH Diploma with construction experience.
* Proven skills and competence in delivery of Principal Designer/H&S / CDM services.
* Experience of providing a range of H&S/ CDM Services.
* Technical expertise in health and safety services.
* Working knowledge of CDM 2015.
* Working knowledge of the Principals of Design.
* Desired - Experience in capital projects in Manufacturing/Industrial/Pharmaceutical
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.