Health and Safety Consultant / CDM Advisor - Leeds (agile working but within 1 hour of Leeds preferred) - £35k-£45k dependent on experience, plus package including pension, mileage, healthcare
Overall Purpose of Job:
To undertake the duties required as Health and Safety Consultant / CDM Advisor/Adviser to Principal Designer - advise clients, staff and Directors in this area of business. To assist the H&S Team Manager where required.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Have appropriate technical (and other academic) qualifications to demonstrate the necessary skills and knowledge for the assigned workloads.
- Membership of appropriate Professional Institutions and completion of Continuing Professional Development as required to maintain membership.
- Be a (or able to obtain) Certified or Fellowship member of the Association for Project Safety.
- Willingness to undertake further study and training where agreed that this would benefit the services provided by the company.
- Carry out the duties of Principal Designer/Adviser to the Principal Designer/Client (CDM 2015) Adviser as defined under the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations (As Amended).
- Travelling nationwide and overnight stays away from home as required from time to time in the completion of the above duties.
- Where appropriate represent the company at design team meetings, site meetings and other meetings as agreed at commencement of the project in the completion of the above duties.
- Ensure full awareness of all current appropriate legislation and forthcoming changes to the above duties that may result from future changes to legislation.
- Assist all fee earners and administrative staff with development of service offering to reflect best practice.
- Assist all fee earners and Administrative Staff in providing technical services.
- Give general advice with regard to health & safety and advice relating to construction health & safety issues.
- Be able to encourage co-operation, co-ordination and communication between designers.
- Work closely with administration to ensure all information is correctly filed and readily accessible.
- Ensure compliance with quality assurance procedures.
- Deal with all correspondence in a professional manner.
Skills and Competencies:
- Be an excellent communicator (verbally and in writing) to both internal and external peers and clients to deal with all situations.
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels, internally and externally.
- Ensure appropriate use of digital media in above communications.
- Possess high degree of organisational skills to manage a variety of tasks and prioritise own and subordinates workload.
- Manage time effectively to deliver projects within timescales and on budget.
- Be confident working with figures and ensure accuracy of calculations at all times.
- Have a level of understanding of relevant numeracy software e.g. Microsoft Excel, Formulae etc.
- Have a level of understanding of operating software and technical software e.g. Microsoft Office, etc.
- Ability to work as part of a team to deliver a quality service to a high standard.
- Ability to use own initiative and take responsibility, where appropriate.
- Be committed to ongoing personal training and development by making the most of opportunities provided.
- Have a flexible approach to work.
- Have a willingness to travel.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.