Health and Safety Advisor - major construction/civil engineering project - Bicester - £40k-£48k+package
- On a day to day basis provide guidance and advice to the business on compliance with statutory requirements and company standards using site inspections
- To respond to requests for advice which fall within the job holders area of expertise, through discussion with the SHE Manager, and others where appropriate
- Undertaking risk assessments relating to SHE.
- Proactively working with operational teams during the project lifecycle to ensure that SHE is considered at all stages and that relevant control measures are identified
- Assisting the business with the implementation of the OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 standards
- Undertaking active monitoring of projects using the monitoring system
- Highlighting areas where poor practice and/or significant risk have occurred.
- Investigating incidents and producing detailed factual reports identifying root causes and recommendations for improvement
- Liaising with enforcing authorities as necessary
- Assisting the SHE Manager in the preparation, review and updating of policies and procedures relating to the management of SHE
- Keeping up to date with new legislation and best practices in the industry through regular reading of journals and relevant website/ site visits
- Raise awareness on SHE and sustainability issues through toolbox talks and briefings, delivering training where necessary.
- NEBOSH Construction/general cert (minimum)
- NEBOSH Diploma/NVQ L5 in OHAS (desired)
- Relevant experience of working as part of a SHE team
- Providing proactive support to operational business units
- Up to date knowledge of UK legislation in relation to SHE
- Relevant construction sector experience
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.