Role: Graduate Civil Engineers
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Negotiable dependant on experience + benefits.
Anderselite is currently working with a multi-award-winning, highly experienced, multidisciplinary construction consultancy, and they are looking for a graduate civil engineer to join them in shaping the world.
This is more than just a job opportunity it is a career development opportunity where you will be encouraged to work towards a professional qualification to sit alongside your current academic qualifications. With in-house and external training courses, seminars, and institution events, you will have access to invaluable information that will assist in swift advancement within the company and your development as an engineer.
You will be working across several sectors, including housing, commercial, industrial, and rail, assisting in appraisal, planning, and detailed design. This is a unique opportunity to work within a company that is large enough to establish itself in consulting but small enough for an ambitious individual to make an impact and shine.
You will be responsible for:
• Planning criteria, such as drainage feasibility and highway issues, should be resolved as well as pre-purchase feasibility studies.
• Flood risk evaluations (flood modelling performed in-house)
• Detailed plans and calculations for adaptable roadways and drainage for technical approval to Building Control, NHBC, S278, S38, S104, etc.
• creation of 3D ground models for use in cut-and-fill exercises, vertical road profiles, and other volumetric computations.
• Communicate with customers and outside organisations, such as the Environment Agency, regional transportation agencies, water authorities, etc.
• When necessary, attend meetings, public exhibits, planning committee meetings, and public inquiries on behalf of the business. You should also conduct site inspections.
• In all facets of engineering design and details, use caution and devotion.
• Rail contributions must be prepared in accordance with Network Rail standards and guidelines.
• Prepare GRIP3 to 8 design documents for rail projects.
Your qualifications and skillset will include:
• A degree in a relevant _built environment_ field and working towards membership in the Institution of Civil Engineers or another comparable learned organisation or professional organisation.
• However, individuals with an HND, a C, or substantial relevant experience are also encouraged to apply.
• (Optional) Use of AutoCAD or Autodesk Civil 3D
• Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office programmes, such as Excel, Word, etc.
• Graduate-level fundamentals of civil engineering design
• Enthusiastic and affable demeanour.
• Strong verbal and written communication abilities.
• Capacity to handle ones own task within predetermined time frames.
You will receive:
• Flexible working hours.
• 25 days of annual leave 3 days available for purchasing.
• A life insurance policy worth four times your annual salary.
• Pension scheme
• Private medical insurance plan, cash plan, and counselling assistance programme.
• Staff discounts on a multitude of products, from fashion to travel to utility bills and more.
• Company medical insurance covers long-term sick leave.
• 2 volunteering days to be taken as is or worked around flexible hours to fit volunteering projects.
If you are a Civil Engineering Graduate looking for a progression filled and opportunity packed role, then please reach out and apply.
For more information, please contact Danielle Vermeer on 0113 242 0303 or email Danielle.Vermeer@anderselite.com