Job Title: Geomatics Engineering Surveyor / Land Surveyor
Location: Bedfordshire, Coventry, Milton Keynes, Northamptonshire, Warwickshire etc
Sector: Geomatics, Geotechnical, Civil Engineering, Infrastructure, Earthworks, Highways, Rail, HS2
Type: Permanent role
Start: Q3 2022
Salary: £35,000 to £50,000 Per Annum
** Base salary negotiable on relevant experience
Our client, a growing Civil Engineering and Construction Contractor, with an internal Geomatics / Geotechnical department, are looking for 2 x Geomatics / Geotechnical Engineering Surveyors to join their team on a permanent basis, to help delivering upcoming construction and infrastructure projects.
In this role, you will have exposure of working on diverse and complex projects within the construction industry, as well as working on major infrastructure projects, such as HS2, where works will range from ground investigation, earthworks, muckshift, remediation, groundworks, structures, drainage, highways and tunnels and other related infrastructure works.
The successful candidates will work as part of a growing departments, working in collaboration with project teams, to assist with any related Engineering Surveying enquiries, overall ensuring that planned works factor in risk vs reward. You will work as part of a growing, but established team, where you will be able to work with Principal Engineers and Surveyors, to achieve targets through project lifecycles.
In this role, you will be expected to:
• Supporting projects team, reviewing potential engineering & surveying challenges/opportunities as requested by your line manager.
• Assisting project teams in ensuring QA procedures are understood and carried out.
• Ensuring all project level decisions are feasible and do not present any detrimental signs.
• Working with Project Engineers to ensure the timely delivery of survey, setting out, monitoring and CAD deliverables.
• Ensuring rigorously adjusted survey control networks are available throughout the project.
• Carrying out design (AFC) model verification, creation, design, installation and maintenance of machine control systems
• Carrying out any setting out, as required by the project, to an appropriate level of detail and accuracy.
• Carrying out any monitoring, installation and observation, as required by the project team, to an appropriate level of detail and accuracy.
• Carry outing volumetric reconciliations and take-offs as required by the project team.
• Producing CAD deliverables as required by the project team.
• Carrying out any engineering surveys required, on time and to an appropriate level of detail and accuracy.
• Carrying out utility surveys as required, once trained to do so.
• Ensuring as-built records are maintained to an appropriate level of detail.
• Assisting other members of the geomatics team with their duties, as and when required.
• Assisting site engineering staff with their duties, as and when required.
• Ensuring field equipment required by the project is stored and maintained in an appropriate manner.
• Carrying out any other duties expected of an Engineering Surveyor.
• Taking a proactive approach in mentoring and developing trainee geomatics staff.
• Taking leadership of small teams of Geomatics staff as required. (Dependent on level).
• Taking a proactive approach in achieving the Company’s objective surrounding Health and Safety.
• Assisting the department head in ensuring industry best practices and new technologies are understood and adopted, where appropriate.
Candidates will ideally:
• Hold a relevant qualification in an applicable field, such as Geomatics, Geotechnics, Civil Engineering (i.e. degree, HNC/HND etc).
• Hold or be working towards a relevant accreditation such as RICS, CICES, ICE etc.
• Be IT literate and proficient in CAD
• Have a strong working knowledge of various surveying and setting out equipment (GPS kit etc).
• Be able to read and interpret drawings, check and adjust equipment, understand coordinates & calibrations, complete all required surveys, setting out, volumetrics etc.
• Hold additional qualifications such as a CSCS Card, SSSTS, PTS, CPCS, RD8000 etc.
• Additional experience in the following areas would also be advantageous:
o The use of Trimble kit + software, BIM, 3D Modelling, understanding earthwork strategies, CAA permitted drone operation etc.
For more information, or to apply for this role, please contact Tim Smyth on LinkedIn or via firstname.lastname@example.org