Job Title: Framework Commercial Manager (Rail Structures Repair)
Location: London / Southern England / South East England
Sector: Rail, Structural Repair, Network Rail, Infrastructure, Bridges
Type: Permanent role (Both Full Time and Part Time Considered)
Start: January/February 2021
Salary: Circa £55,000 to £70,000 Per Annum + Package (Both Full Time and Part Time Considered)
** (Base salary can be negotiated on level/relevant experience)
Our client, a specialist in the design and delivery of structural strengthening, repair and engineering, has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Framework Commercial Manager to join their team on a permanent basis. In this role, you will work as part of a new team, that is being setup to deliver upcoming framework projects part of Network Rail's Southern Building and Civils (SBC) Framework, working as both a principal contractor and specialist sub-contractor.
You will be responsible for commercially managing projects through bidding, design and delivery stages, where works may entail implementing: structural repairs/refurbishments to overline and underline road and river crossings, footbridges, gantries and canopies, through to major structural repairs and bridge deck replacements. This will entail working on existing structures and assets owned by Network Rail in Southern / South East England and projects will be completed through GRIP 5 - 8 stages. It is estimated that you will deliver between 2 and 5 projects per year, depending on complexity and size, in the region of £3,000,000 Per Annum, for the first year.
It is important to note that this role will entail working on projects throughout their full life-cycle, from framework bidding and work winning stage, through design and delivery stages, working with the team around you to ensure each project is deliver on time and schedule, with profitable outcomes. Key aspects in achieving this with include but are not limited to: Project commercial and contractual management, negotiating with clients and supply chain, implement a positive HSEQ culture, working with Network Rail to build strong relationships with key contacts and generally taking a proactive approach to works, taking into account commercial aspects at each stage of the project.
Whilst developing the team, you will report into the overall Framework Director, however this opportunity will allow growth and career progression in the future (dependent on how you want to progress through your career) and would therefore suit motivated individuals who are looking to progress in their careers, over the coming years. Furthermore, this role would likely suit individuals who are ready to step out of a larger organisation and take on more responsibility within a focused team. A prior history of delivering regional projects within the rail sector and a working knowledge of Network Rail's GRIP process and their delivery standards will be essential for this role.
Daily duties will include but are not limited to:
- Taking ownership of the commercial aspects of the project life-cycle, from bidding stage through design, mobilisation, construction, completion, handover and final account.
- Acting as a focal point for internal and external resources, managing them to secure and deliver projects on the framework.
- Building effective relationships with Network Rail's framework team.
- Co-ordinating bidding activity to deliver bids on time and to required standard.
- Providing commercial and contractual expertise through bid stages, including take off's, estimating, supply chain quotations and risk evaluations etc.
- Completing post tender negotiations with the end client team.
- Completing contract mobilisation, including procurement of supply chain, material supply, purchasing arrangements, supply of agency staff and workers.
- Managing contract procedures for change, correspondence, record keeping, monthly applications, subcontract payments.
- Supporting the Project Manager to ensure HSEQ requirements are met, creating the right culture in the team.
- Line management of project resources including internal and external staff.
- Representing the company at project and framework meetings with Network Rail.
- Attending monthly progress, cost reporting and forecasting in conjunction with Project Manager through CVR process.
Candidates will ideally:
- Hold a relevant qualification bias towards Commercial Management (i.e. Degree/HND/HNC or equivalent).
- Be a member of RICS.
- Have previously worked in a similar role, commercially delivering Network Rail projects, between GRIP 5 - 8 stages, understanding Network Rails' standards and working procedures.
- Have worked on projects through full project life-cycle.
- Have a strong background in commercial management ideally with strong contractual knowledge.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.