Architect required for Cardiff based multi-disciplinary company and to lead and assist the architectural design on projects and proposals.
The job role involves providing competentent architectural services for the Company and its clients, working as part of the design team on particular projects, and when requested take the lead on projects or parts of projects. Projects include pharmacutical, laboratory, manufacturing, food processing, public health, universities, healthcare and science amongst others.
You would need to carry out architectural design activities using prevailing best practice techniques and tools, and ensuring compliance with Company Quality Procedures, requirements of the relevant contract and any other appropriate standards, guidance and good practice.
You must also assist in the production of comprehensive deliverables lists for particular proposals and projects, with as far as possible lists being complete early in the design stage and assist the Project Manager, Lead Designer and Design Manager in the ongoing planning, monitoring and reporting of progress and resource requirements for particular projects.
You will need to be able to schedule the necessary architectural design resource allocation for particular projects to produce deliverables within the required scope, cost, programme, and quality parameters of the prevailing contract and manage project architectural design resources to produce the required design deliverables, including the ongoing monitoring and reporting of resource usage, & earned value.
Under guidance you will also need to organise and lead the architectural project design team to execute its part of the project, with emphasis on ensuring safety, quality and efficiency in design and in the design process, and within the required scope, cost, programme, and quality parameters of the prevailing contract.
As well as to provide support and instruction to the architectural project design team to ensure the project and company quality systems are the basis of all project design work.
Assisting in Quality Audits of the design team and its work and attending regular design progress reviews with the designers and Design Manager are also required as well as providing appropriate information to enable effective reporting and enable variances to be addressed.
Ensure that change management is effectively executed within the project architectural design team and assist in and ensure the production of Design Risk Assessments is also required as well as ensuring that their regular review and, where necessary, revision and reissue.
You will need to actively contribute to design reviews such as Quality, Cost, Safety, Compliance, GxP, Constructability, Commissionability, HAZOP, Value, and Risk and assist the Design Manager in assessment and training in quality and other technical matters to ensure that the architectural project design team are competent and effective.
Also being able to actively pursue ongoing improvement in quality, efficiency, innovation, and general practice within designs and the architectural design team and prepare, deliver and assist in technical and company presentations as part of any business development, internal or external training, seminar or other activities is essential.
You may also need to take part in business development and work proposals for particular opportunities to ensure that design deliverables and related quality and resource requirements are suitably defined and included for and attend at client, supply chain or construction sites as necessary for the operations of the Company where related to architectural matters.
Technical Competencies (e.g. skills and knowledge required):
1. Hold Chartered or Registered Architect status, and maintain this professional status
2. Maintain adequate Continuing Professional Development related to professional status and to ensure familiarity and competence with all areas relevant to the operations of the Company, including: architectural strategies, directions, techniques, systems, equipment, innovations, requirements and including current best practice in health, safety and environmental matters.
3. Be commercially aware and work with the project team to deliver the project within the project budget or as extended by client instructions
4. Knowledge & appreciation of working with BIM/CAD design tools
5. Good knowledge & skills with NBS specification software
6. Good knowledge of construction techniques and products
7. Experience and ability to interface with multi-disciplinary team and integrate design work
8. When leading projects be able to take responsibility for overall design leadership of other design disciplines
Person Specification (including Education, Qualifications, Professional Memberships and Relevant Work Experience):
• Must be UK registered architect. Preferably also holding Chartered Architect status.
• Minimum of 5 years relevant practice
In return you will be given an excellent working environment, remuneration and benefits package along with development and training opportunities.