Responsible for initiating and leading tasks and processes, taking responsibility and being accountable, where relevant, for the work and roles of others whilst exercising broad autonomy and judgement within broad parameters in their area of responsibility. Specialist learning and involves detailed analysis of a high level of information and knowledge in an area of work or study
Main responsibilities are-
1. Prepare analytical cost estimates that reflect the programme, methodology and risk profile developed by the bid team.
2. Identify need for support in order to produce the estimate
3. Work closely with the commercial manager, bid team, suppliers and technical departments to seek out new opportunities
4. Produce prime cost estimates in accordance with department procedures
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Work with Divisional teams and Client Managers to form strategy to secure new opportunities
· Supports and reacts positively to organisational change
· Maintain own knowledge base of company working practices and industry as a whole and assist development of other estimating staff
· Support knowledge share and learning to develop an innovative team philosophy
· Help identify, manage, reduce and drive out unnecessary costs and inefficient activities
· Help identify the supply chain based on an informed and well-developed understanding of the market
· Produce cash flows for tendering purposes
· Manage the production of papers for use in tender gate ways.
· Maintain commercial, technical, legal and insurance knowledge of current knowledge
· Support the company estimating processes and procedures on tenders in order to maximise returns in terms of profit and shareholder value
· Undertake all duties in a manner that is professional and in accordance with the latest Code of Ethics and Conduct
· Demonstrate and maintain a level of commercial and technical knowledge and work closely with the delivery team to review techniques and solutions to meet business and customer needs
· Provide support to Divisional Teams to ensure that commercial position is protected using in depth understanding and experience of contractual, commercial, insurance and legal processes
· Early identification of business risks in projects and contribution to risk registers. Also, establishment of contingency allowance.
· Identification of business opportunities and establishment of register to ensure that maximum commercial advantage is achieved at the time of tender.
· Understand the requirements of the company quality policy and procedures and how these are applied to individuals own role.
· Actively seeks to question and challenge the "norm"
· Ability to develop new ideas and developing it into a different approach
Occupation Competency Card-CSCS Site Visitors Card
Other-Conquest Estimating proficiency
Strong Excel skills
Other-Degree level education in a construction related discipline
Refurbishment experience desirable
Additional Role Requirements:
Experience-Refurbishment experience desirable
MEP knowledge desirable
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.