I am currently looking to recruit an Electrical Estimator, for a market leading Electrical business. The successful candidate will be responsible for the timely production of detailed pricing of HV & LV Installations from client specifications, conceptual designs and technical work scopes. This will require the compilation of accurate estimates for multi discipline electrical works, including labour, plant, equipment, materials and sub-contract requirements during the tendering and bidding phases of the project. The level of bidding workload will escalate in line with Services growth strategy and ambitions.
* Bidding Turnover - £200m
* New Work Target - £100m
* Responsible for pricing and estimating of all works and services across the Services business in an analytical and systematic way, pricing for works up to £200m
* Management of opportunities and pipeline linked to business development
* Establish bid strategies from earliest possible stage
* Preparation of prime cost estimates
* Completion of fully considered tenders at settlement stage
* Advise on finalisation matters of risk, qualification and margin
* In conjunction with marketing function, prepare pre-bid submissions/pre-qualification documents
* Working with existing Pricing and Estimating team to introduce a consistent, best in class way of working on pricing and estimating activities across UK Power Networks Services
* In conjunction with the company procurement, liaise with subcontractors and suppliers to obtain the best available quotations, and improve the turnaround times of supplier quotes to improve the quality of bid submissions, giving the company services a competitive edge over other bidders
* Responsible for evaluations of options or alternatives
* Production of financial analysis of estimates in an approved form for review, as part of the company Services internal governance Portfolio Board process, and for Services SMT
* Ensure compliance with all legislation and industry standards
* Key contributor to the analysis of technical work scope, working with technical subject matter experts and using industry knowledge to formulate best value for money estimates
* Complete the project risk analysis and register, with accurate estimates of the risk value incorporated within the submitted price
* Responsible for the checking of accuracy and completeness of clients tender documents
* Undertake estimating using Contract Master & Microsoft Excel software
* Review proposals for full understanding of conceptual designs, technical work scopes and specifications
* Production of enquiries for suppliers and subcontractors
* Review project programmes and provide recommendations to the senior management team
* Attend post tender presentations with the client, providing compelling rationale or explanation for the prices submitted in the bid
SCOPE OF POSITION:
This role of Electrical estimator is to estimate and price new work in conjunction with the bid team, on a broad range of different contracts. The role will be supported by bid support staff, the Senior Electrical Estimator(s) and the onsite central procurement team. Due to the continuously changing nature of the business, this role may from time to time be required to offer additional support to the local business where there is peak requirement, or where there is a particularly important or complex bid that requires it.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills.
* Commercial awareness.
* Awareness of data confidentiality.
* Ability to work on your own and as part of a team.
* Ability to work with external engineering organisations as well as customers/stakeholders representing the company to best effect
* Must have strong team working ethic and customer focus
* Ability to read and understand construction drawings and design specifications
* Understanding of the planning and sequencing of construction of projects
* Understanding of the process of procuring Subcontractors or suppliers
* Ability to compile information for submission to clients
* Will hold a formal qualification related to Electrical Engineering or Electrical Estimating discipline or equivalent
* Bachelors degree in an industry-related field, such as Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent.
* Must be willing to attend safety courses and hold safety certificates
* Demonstrable experience in estimating multi discipline HV & LV electrical projects and large and complex bids and managing a team of estimators across a portfolio of bids.
* Experience in the use of estimating software
* Experience in electrical installation Industrial & commercial projects
* Sound understanding of Construction Design Management (CDM)
* Must have knowledge of HV & LV installations and switchgear
Some of the benefits you will receive…
* Annual leave 25 days
* Personal Pension Plan - Personal contribution rates of 4% or 5% (UK Power Networks will make a corresponding contribution of 8% or 10%)
* Tenancy Loan Deposit scheme
* Tax efficient benefits: cycle to work scheme
* Season ticket loan
* Occupational Health support
* Switched On - scheme providing discount on hundreds of retailer's products.
* Supplier discounts, such as O2, EE, Vauxhall cars, Universal tyres
* Discounted access to sports and social clubs
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.