Job Title: Electrical Control Engineer
Location: Thame, Oxfordshire
Start Date: Q4 2020
Sectors: Water, Wastewater, Electrical, Process
Job Type: Permanent role
Salary: Circa £32,000 to £37,000 + Per Annum + Package (Salary negotiable on relevant experience)
Our client, a leading contractor in the manufacture, testing and commissioning of Water System Management and Water Treatment Equipment, is currently recruiting an Electrical Control Engineer, on a permanent basis, who is looking to joining an expanding contractor.
This role will entail but is not limited to, providing services with the water industry including Water System Management and Services, Water Treatment Equipment and Products, Legionella Risk Assessments and City and Guilds and CIBSE Approved Training. The role would suit candidates who have a strong understanding of Electrical Control systems used within the Water Treatment Industry and it would be advantageous to have previous PLC Programming Experience.
Overall, this opportunity will provide the chance the join a growing contractor who operates from 30 locations across the UK, employing 150+ leading industry professionals who deliver high quality, client-focussed service provisions to the water sector, from their office in Thame (between Oxford & Aylesbury).
Daily duties will include but are not limited to:
- Completing all aspects of Electrical Installation, from building, maintaining, repairing and servicing electrical units used across within the water industry.
- Getting involved with projects from design stage, through to commission works in the field, inclusive of creating electrical diagrams/wiring and programming Siemens PSC's.
- Seeing a project through its full life cycle, from producing and manufacturing electrical equipment with support of the workshop build teams, building electrical units, before testing them in the workshop and then commissioning them out in the field, where required.
- Working in a client facing capacity, where appropriate.
- Predominantly working in the office/workshop, with an element of site work/meetings and travel. This may require lodging away on an infrequent/AdHoc basis.
** units used within the industry are wide ranging and will include but are not limited to; softeners, UV units, dosing units, pumps etc.
Candidates will ideally:
- Have a formal qualification in Electrical Engineering.
- Have previous experience working in a similar role, within the Water industry.
- Be technically minded, being able to problem solve and troubleshoot.
- Be competent with PLC programming. (ideally with prior Siemens PLC programming experience).
- Be competent using AutoCAD, creating 3D drawings and creating electrical schematics.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website at anderselite.com/non-discrimination-policy