Job Title: Ecologist / Senior Ecologist
Location: HS2 (Birmingham / Staffordshire / Warwickshire etc)
Sector: HS2, Ecology, Civil Engineering, Construction, Highways, Rail
Start Date: Q3 2021
Pay Rate: £330.00 to 400.00 Per Day (PAYE OR Umbrella)
Contract: 12 months contract
Our client, a large joint venture consultancy and construction contractor, is currently recruiting for Ecologists & Senior Ecologists, on a freelance basis, to work on the HS2 scheme in the Midlands area.
In this role, you will work as part of a multidisciplinary team, working collaboratively with design and construction professionals & subcontractors, to provide support and advice/guidance on Ecological aspects over the lifespan of projects, helping to ensure programme and quality standards are met. This includes on-site surveys, inspections and watching briefs, providing practical advice on programme and on-site measures, and providing practical advice on legal requirements and HS2 requirements.
We need to recruitment multiple Ecologists/ECOWS for a 6-month+ period to support our ground clearance and ecological mitigation works.
Example daily duties below are based on different levels of candidates:
- Providing clients, contractors and subcontractors with sound advice, on planned ecological works.
- Working with mixed construction, design, feasibility and early works teams.
- Documenting workload, compiling records as required.
- Completing ecology surveys on site.
- Problem-solving, creating practical and cost-effective solutions to ecological challenges faced.
- Developing relevant documentation, such as ecological method statements and associated construction documentation.
- Helping to continuously improve the culture of on-site ecology practices.
- Investigating, reporting and helping to avoid ecological incidents.
Candidates will ideally have (negotiable on level):
- Previously worked in a similar role, as an Ecologist or Senior Ecologist, on a construction / highways / rail project.
- A relevant qualification in Ecology (Such as a degree / MSc).
- A membership such as CIEEM (or equivalent).
- Applicable EPS licenses (European protected species).
- Preparation of LEMPS, CEMPs and Mitigation/Habitat Creation Strategies.
- Preparation of Biodiversity Net Gain Calculations.
- Review of ecological documents.
- A strong understanding of environmental management on construction sites.
- Strong IT, communication and interpersonal skills.
For more information or to apply for the role, please contact Tim Smyth on 0121 200 5520.