Anderselite are currently recruiting for an Ecologist to join one of the UK's leading Tier 1 construction and civil engineering contractors on a permanent basis in the Hertfordshire region. The successful Ecologist will act as the ecological lead for the contracts and will be responsible for a range of ecology and environmental design work for construction projects and supporting the delivery of the biodiversity targets.
- Attend site and complete ecological surveys. extended phase 1 surveys, watching briefs, breeding bird checks etc.
- Complete biodiversity net gain assessments and advise in biodiversity enhancements.
- Technical report writing (EIA screening reports, ecological appraisals etc.)
- Identify, prepare, and obtain approval of licences required from Natural England, with the support of specialists where necessary.
- Complete Environmental Design assessments and pre-construction checklists.
- Provide specialist ecological support to projects and schemes.
- Lead the ecological incident investigations and support / advise on corrective actions.
- Represent and promote the Environmental Team in internal and external meetings, workshops, management reviews and forums.
- Collaborate and engage with the design and operational teams.
- Degree level in the appropriate environmental discipline.
- Hold associate membership or above with CIEEM or a similar equivalent membership.
- Knowledge and experience of undertaking protected species surveys and applying for licences.
- Demonstratable construction industry / project experience.
- Knowledge and experience of Phase 1 habitat surveys.
- A broad understanding of UK wildlife legislation
- Experience of the planning system and associated technical processes such as EIA.
- Hold a bat, water vole or Great Crested Newt Licence is desirable but not essential.
The salary for the Ecologist role is negotiable between £35,000 - £45,000 + an attractive package. For more information, please contact Macauly at Anderselite on 0121 200 5520.