Job Title: Design Project Manager
Location: Derby (AMP 7 Severn Trent Water)
Sector: AMP7, Water, Wastewater, Water Treatment Works, Sewage Treatment Works, Utilities
Start Date: Q3 2021
Job Type: Permanent Role
Salary: **Salary is negotiable on relevant experience / level**
Our client, a large multidisciplinary Tier 1 Civil Engineering & Water Infrastructure contractor, is currently recruiting a Design Project Manager to join their team on a permanent basis, working within the Severn Trent Water region, loosely based from Derby, with flexibility to work from home. The role is working on projects in the Severn Trent Water region on AMP7.
The role will involve managing a team and overseeing the development of innovative solutions, to ensure multiple projects are completed on time, to quality standards and safely, whilst in line with legislation, governance and processes. You will be responsible for the delivery of multiple projects, throughout their lifecycle, ensuring the team handles operational needs and conflicts appropriately, to arrive at 'win-win' situations for all concerned.
The role will involve ensuring engineering control across Severn Trent Water projects, leading the design development phase for multiple concurrent projects, ensuring projects are cost effective and technically compliant, with achievable, buildable solutions, that are approved and handed over to the construction teams, in line with programme expectations and in accordance with the set project delivery process.
Daily duties will include but are not limited to:
- Reporting into the internal Engineering Manager.
- Providing commitment to excellence in Health & Safety (H&S) in design, complying fully with the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations (CDM) and all other relevant H&S legislation.
- Undertaking the role of the company's Principal Designer's representative.
- Leading the Design team in the delivery of their responsibilities, and to ensure a focused approach to meet customer requirements and project objectives.
- Being accountable for the expenditure, efficiency challenge and overall outturn costs for the design element of project delivery, producing deliverables within the allocated manhours and by key dates.
- Organising all elements of Design and preparing monthly status update reports as necessary.
- Ensuring that there is a comprehensive knowledge base for Engineering solutions which is continuously updated with new solutions and lessons learned.
- Providing, where required, technical support during Assembly and Commissioning stages.
- Contributing to achieving sustainability targets, particularly by reducing the embodied and operational Carbon Footprints of the solutions.
- Ensuring a means of communication that enables, promotes and drives innovation which produces optimal engineering solutions at lowest whole life costs.
- Recognising and providing exceptional customer service both internally and with partners and externally with the Client, their Customers and the general public.
- Ensuring personal and teams continuous professional development, by participating in external networking/conferences/associations/groups, to stay current on industry changes and innovations.
- Maintaining a positive and solution oriented approach to work, providing open and honest feedback.
Candidates will ideally:
- Have extensive experience of design & construction, having worked on projects within the Water sector (AMP projects, water treatment works, sewage treatment works etc).
- Extensive experience in managing multi-disciplinary design schemes.
- A degree in an engineering related discipline. (Or similar)
- Be a driven individual who seeks continuous improvement, with the ability to set targets and manage a multi-disciplinary teams, ensuring projects are delivered on time and to cost and quality objectives.
For more information or to apply for the role, please contact Tim Smyth on 0121 200 5520.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.