Vacancy - Design Manager
Location - Brighton (Falmer)
Anderselite have an exciting opportunity available on behalf of a leading consultancy that specialise in the Water Industry. Our client is currently looking for a Design Manager to strengthen their engineering team and work across multiple sites across Kent and Sussex on both clean and dirty water sites.
Based in Brighton 2- 3 days per week, you will be responsible for delivering engineering solutions at a project/ tranche level from initial definition through optioneering, solution development, detail design and construction support.
- Leading design engineers in the development of wastewater technical solutions from initial need statement through optioneering, solution development, value engineering, detail design and construction support.
- Ensure affordable design solutions are developed within project budget and solution risk is managed
- Establish relationships with the client, design teams, construction staff and supply chain representatives
- Ensure sustainable design solutions completed in line with CDM Regulations
- Provide design solutions that meet requirements of programme's systems
- Agree design budgets, monitor performance against the budget
- Record, monitor and control design changes to maximise cost efficiency
- Establish and agree design costs and programme timescales with the programme manager
- Deliver the design stage outputs of each project within the agreed timescale and budget
Experience and Qualifications
- Experience of technical project delivery in a design- build environment
- Experience in the Wastewater Treatment Industry
- Experience in leading and managing multi - disciplinary design teams
- Degree in an engineering - related discipline
- Must be delivery - driven with ability to set targets, manage and motivate multi- disciplinary teams to deliver to time, cost and quality objectives.
If you are interested and would like to know more about this role contact Subhan on 01135316468 or at Subhan.Hussain@anderselite.com