Design Manager – Construction
Circa £65,000 per annum – plus Package
Exciting new job requirement for a Design Manager to join a leading, forward thinking construction contractor on a permanent basis. We are looking for someone ambitious, talented, and motivated with a flexible approach to work. This company operates across sectors that include education commercial office and accommodation - PRS/Student resi. They have a well-developed local client base and as a result of their prestigious project wins they are currently looking for a high calibre candidate to join their team on a hybrid working week. This is a fantastic opportunity if you are looking to join a reputable organisation to contribute towards your professional growth and development.
Key Responsibilities –
• Manage the design process during the pre-construction and as required, the construction phase.
• Fully investigate Value engineering and value creation opportunities.
• Interrogation of enquiry documents, in the form of an Employer’s Requirements.
• Production of a Contractor’s Proposal document in liaison with other internal departments.
• Manage our design process via external consultants.
• Drive innovative and cost-effective solutions into the design.
• Progress design issues within a strict timescale
• Ensure designers meet information delivery dates.
• Review Sub contractor design proposals.
• Verify & control status of consultants and subcontractors’ drawings and specifications & maintain registers.
• Ensure the consultant scope of services, responsibilities and fees are agreed.
• Facilitate the completion of a project risk register.
• Ensure and enable start of shift briefings to work force and site inductions
What we need from you –
• Degree qualified or equivalent, in a relevant construction related discipline
• Previous experience with an established main contractor background
• Experience of running your own schemes min value 25million
• Commercial awareness
• Ability to organise, plan, programme and manage workloads
• Experience of working on multiple projects simultaneously
What we can offer you in return –
• The opportunity to work with an award-winning, long-standing organisation
• A great working culture and work/life balance
• Equal opportunities employer & great staff retention rate
• Clear progression and bespoke development package
• A competitive salary & package
To register your interest, please respond to this advert with a copy of your updated CV addressed to Debbie Swain.