To assist design teams in verification, validation and certification of designs.
Internal: Work Winning Team, Business Development, BIM team, Project teams, Estimating teams
External: JV partners, Customers, Designers and Supply Chain.
* To assist the Design Manager with organisational aspects of the project. These may include: Document control- BIM Model sharing, requests for information, technical queries, BIM Execution Plan, Consultants scopes of service and responsibility matrix, file management, gate papers.
* To assist design teams in verification, validation and certification of designs, and ensuring compliance with Building Regulations and Employer's Requirements (ERs), such as:
o Schedule of accommodation checks
o Drawings reflect requirements of Construction (Design and Management) and Zero Harm
o Designs are in line with customer requirements and expectations using Reviewable Design Data process
o Designs are in accordance with BREEAM/similar requirements and budget constraints
* Ensure delivery of design documentation in line with design and submissions programme:
o Assist in Technical checking
o Assist in writing of submission text
o Collating drawings/submission material with transmittals to post to teams
* Dealing with enquiries from designers/supply chain/sub-contractors
* Liaising with Design Team members on approval matters
* Monitoring and "policing" document control system:
o Dealing with notices, actioning, ordering drawings and distributing.
o Liaising with designers/sub-contractors and inviting them onto the system
* Training designers/sub-contractors and other personnel on the relevant document management system
* Liaise with internal and external construction and design staff
* Support the application of Lean construction techniques in order to save money, reduce waste and optimise construction.
* Support the implementation of the BIM CSUK protocols, including teamwork and collaboration and the management and sharing of data relating to BIM models
* Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm
* Support the delivery of CSUK's Sustainability activities
PERSONAL QUALITIES AND EXPERIENCE
The individual should be a graduate with an understanding of Design and Engineering or have experience in Design and Engineering. They should have a customer centric approach and have the ability to support the delivery of strategic initiatives.
It is recommended that they are working towards Professional Membership and professional
Qualifications in Building or Engineering relevant to the business stream. A valid CSCS card is required.
Good communication skills are required, coupled with an ability to form effective relationships with partners under time pressure. The individual should have a desire to continuously pursue innovation and development, with a focus on the customer and the relevant business stream.
Good working knowledge of BIM is required and will be expected to meet the requisite BIM competences associated with this role. Excellent IT Skills, relevant to the business stream, including BIM and Microsoft Office are required.
Numeracy and good written communications skills are required.
If you wish to apply send your CV in response to this advert or get in touch with Matt Purkis at Anderselite
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.