My client is currently looking to recruit a Cost Consultant to join their Whole Life Costing team in London. Their team specialises in helping their clients understand the total cost of ownership of their assets, target cost efficient design solutions and drive efficiency through specification selection and strategy.
Their services include:
- Undertaking lifecycle cost analysis and modelling;
- Undertaking critical appraisals against multiple specification options;
- WLC and FM Benchmarking analysis;
- Capital planning;
- Support BREEAM Man02 credit awards;
- Wider support to our Asset & Facilities Management team;
- Develop bespoke model solutions for client needs; and
- Provide technical advisory services related to lifecycle funding (PFI/PPP)
They are seeking individuals with a keen interest, experience and knowledge in lifecycle and whole life cost analysis. Experience in Facilities Management, FM operations, PFI Management, building construction, would also be of benefit. The role is based in London but the individual must be flexible in terms of working location as overnight stays may be required, and there may be a requirement to work across the UK and beyond when this arises.
Responsibilities and behaviours
As a Whole life cost consultant you are:
- A cooperative team member supporting senior team members in the successful delivery of projects;
- Capable of independently completing tasks and activities and taking responsibility for your own time management and ability to work towards overall project timescales and potentially tight deadlines;
- Expected to support senior team members in business generation activities where required, such as bid writing and developing marketing material;
- Able to undertake lifecycle cost analysis;
- Capable of building strong, professional client relationships and identifying and resolving client's issues;
- Able to analyse information quickly and efficiently, choose or recommend from a range of options and make decisions where the parameters are unclear and judgement needs to be exercised;
- Aside from accepting personal responsibility for the quality and commercial delivery aspects of your work you will be expected to develop skills and share knowledge within the whole consulting practice; and
- Expected to work within any of the other consulting practices where your professional skills and experience can add value.
As a Whole Life Cost Consultant you have an understanding of the following competencies:
- Undertaking lifecycle and whole life cost analysis during RIBA Design stages;
- Understand the requirements of BREEAM Man02;
- Production of benchmark rates using existing data sources;
- Be familiar with PD 156865:2008 Standardized method of life cycle costing;
- Facilities Management and Building Operations;
- Report writing and model production using MS software;
- Highly proficient in the use of MS Excel
- Excellent communication skills
You have the following qualifications and experience:
- Suitably qualified in a related subject or appropriate industry experience;
- Minimum of 2 years' experience delivering lifecycle modelling or similar services within a related industry; and Proficient and experienced in using MS office software including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project and Visio
If you would like to be considered the please forward a copy of your CV in the first instance.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.