Job Title: Contracts Manager (Highways Structures Repair - Bridges)
Location: North (Covering Manchester to Scotland)
Sector: Highways, Structural Repair, Infrastructure, Bridges
Type: Permanent role
Start: Q2 2021
Salary: Circa £55,000 to £60,000 Per Annum + Package
** (Base salary can be negotiated on level/relevant experience)
Our client, a specialist in the design and delivery of structural strengthening, repair and engineering, has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Contracts Manager to join their Highways team on a permanent basis. In this role, you will work as part of their Highways team, delivering works across their Northern Region (Manchester to Scotland), where work with include bridge repair, protection and strengthening, including of Bridge Jacking & Propping Bearing Replacement, Structural Repair, Structural Strengthening and Carbon Fibre Reinforcement, Cathodic Protection and Post Tension Civils, PTSI (Post tensioned special inspection / installation / remediation).
You will be responsible for ensuring work if delivered in an efficient and safe manner, ensuring work complies with set standards and legislation, as outlined by the client. As a Contracts Manager, you will oversee multiple concurrent projects from inception through to completion, working on both small scale and large value projects, taking projects from design through to delivery.
Daily duties will include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring safety is managed to Company and legal standards, across all projects and through visible management commitment supporting the safety culture within the company.
- Assisting the tendering team to review productivity rates, sequence of works and the overall strategy and contract terms for successful project delivery.
- Ensuring formal project handover meetings are undertaken for each project won.
- Coordination of resources and planning and production of works programmes.
- Ensure clients' needs are clearly and correctly understood and communicated between all relevant parties.
- Contract management in conjunction with the Commercial Team (Project Quantity Surveyor) to ensure our clients contractual position is protected and secured.
- Whilst managing larger contracts off-site, also work with commercial counterpart (Project QS) to produce and maintain of monthly cost reports (MCR) for all live projects.
- Liaison with internal departments (Technical, Factory & Purchasing) to ensure design works and deliveries of material and plant are carried out in line with programme requirements.
- Use experience and technical knowledge to interpret contract data / works information to guide and assist project manager with developing methods for executing the works.
- Ensuring Quality Assurance documentation is completed and followed on site.
- Identifying training needs in relation to project requirements and employee development.
- Developing and maintaining trusted relationships with existing and new client through active engagement during project delivery and ensuring overall client satisfaction.
- Representing and promoting products and services when project obstacles/technical queries arise: establishing an image of professionalism and technical excellence among the industry.
- Good working relationships with all support functions across the Business.
Candidates will ideally:
- Have a strong knowledge of heavy civil engineering including but not limited to:
- Bridge Jacking & Propping Bearing Replacement, Structural Repair.
- Structural Strengthening and Carbon Fibre Reinforcement, Cathodic Protection.
- Post Tension Civils, PTSI (Post tensioned special inspection / installation / remediation).
- Hold a relevant qualification, ideally bias towards Civil Engineering (i.e. Degree/HND/HNC or equivalent).
- Hold a valid NEBOSH Certificate (ideally, not required).
- Be able to concurrently manage multiple projects, ideally having Tier 2 contractor experience.
- A strong working knowledge of NEC forms of contract.
- Able to manage both small and large value contracts, managing both management staff and direct labour-force, depending on size of project.
- Have previously worked in a similar role, delivering structural repairs within a highways environment.
Do you have Highways Structural Repair experience? (bridge jacking, cathodic protection etc)?
Do you have structural repair, reinforcement and post tension civils experience?
Do you have a strong knowledge of PTSI (post tensioned special inspection)?
Have you previously worked for a Tier 2 Highways Contractor?
Are you happy to cover works from Manchester up to Scotland?
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.