Job Title: Contract Coordinator
Sector: Construction, Civil Engineering, Infrastructure
Type: Permanent role
Start: Q3/Q4 2022
Salary: Circa £20,000 to £25,000 (Negotiable based on level and relevant experience)
Our client, a specialist Civil Engineering subcontractor within the Construction sector, is currently looking for a Contract Coordinator to join their team on a permanent basis, where you will work with the operational team, to assist with various tasks from invoicing through to coordinating works for upcoming projects, ensuring that all documentation is in place, tracked, updated and sent out, as required through the lifecycle of a project.
You will help to coordinate workload, which will be a mixture of planned and emergency repair, civil engineering tasks, and the role will be bias towards commercial delivery, liaising with subcontractors and assisting with invoicing, to schedule workload and instructing them to complete works, inputting data for set prices on their internal system.
Daily duties will include but are not limited to:
- Using approved time sheet data from internal systems, exporting data and updating weekly turnover report and submit to Lead Contract Coordinator for approval.
- Produce Applications for Payment and updated Contractor payment systems for Operation Team/Lead Contract Coordinator approval.
- Highlight and investigate any areas that have failed to meet the margin / profit targets and submit all information to the Operations team & Lead Contract Coordinator.
- Assist Operations to ensure all required site data is uploaded and scheduling is completed in EasyBOP prior to start of site works.
- Assist the Operations team on completing weekly forecast.
- Organising and Managing the Commercial functions of all Contracts - Ensure working knowledge of contracts, and ensure clear understanding of commercial parameters of all contracts under jurisdiction.
- Ensure timely submission of application for payment to client deadlines/timetables.
- Ensure all works are invoiced in a timely manner, providing an update on any jobs which have not been invoiced within 30 days of being undertaken on site
- Agree recharges with other Contract Coordinators
- Pricing Work - Ensure that all relevant information is gathered from the client or staff/personnel and recorded before submitting rates / quote letters.
- Confirm rates / quote letters with the Operations Team before sending to the customer in writing or by email.
- Job Sheet Cost & Valuation - Liaise with the Operations Team/ Lead Contract Coordinator, and provide daily / weekly reports on individual contracts performances.
- Ensure accurate recording and capture of costs and values for all sub contractors used within individual contracts / projects.
- Produce weekly and monthly financial and resource utilisation reports and submit to Lead Contract Coordinator/Operations team to check prior to issue.
- Ensure full understanding of Company and client H&S procedures, and comply with them at all times.
- Make a positive and constructive contribution to the team for continually improving performance and systems.
Candidates will ideally:
- Have worked in a similar commercial / admin position before, within the construction industry.
- Experience liaising with subcontractors is preferred but not essential.
- Be an organised individual, with good I.T skills, including the use of Excel and cloud-based software.
- Have worked in a high pressure environment, capable of dealing with last minute changes.
For more information or to apply for this role, please contact Tim Smyth on 0121 200 5520.