Current projected turnover for the 2021/22 financial year is anticipated to be in excess of £3M and as a result, our client need to further expand their team with the addition of a Consultant Engineer to meet the growing workload in their Rail, Road and Utilities team. The role would report directly to the Head of Rail, Road and Utilities.
This role would suit a newly qualified graduate or engineers with 1 – 3 years’ experience who are wanting an opportunity to progress quickly in a smaller organisation.
Candidates need to understand that as an organisation our client place a great deal of emphasis on client satisfaction. Their success has been built on listening to and understanding their client’s requirements, allowing there highly qualified engineers to utilise their experience and knowledge of the latest legislation, investigation techniques and technologies to meet their needs.
Candidates that can demonstrate this client focus on relevant projects will be preferred.
Candidates also need to understand that travel is an important part of the role, given how the geographic coverage has expanded over the last 6 six years.
In summary the role will include a range of site investigation and daily tasks encompassing but not limited to the following:
• Consulting geological maps, environmental maps and other relevant data to advise on site risks;
• Geotechnical and geo-environmental analysis of site data using specialised computer software or calculations;
• Supporting experienced staff on-site;
• Collating data and producing interpretive geotechnical and geo-environmental reports;
• Overseeing the progress of specific contracts, pricing new jobs and corresponding with clients;
• Planning detailed site investigations by drilling and analysing samples of deposits/bedrock;
• Supervising site and ground investigations;
• Environmental monitoring, predominantly gas and groundwater monitoring;
• Making visits to new project sites;
• Advising on and scheduling testing for a range of construction materials, for example sand, gravel, bricks and clay, as well as a range of contaminants;
• Making recommendations on the proposed use of a site and providing information;
• Advising on problems such as subsidence, gross contamination etc;
• Managing staff, including other engineering geologists, geotechnical engineers, consultants and contractors;
• Attending professional conferences and representing the company or organisation at other events.
The engineer will be initially started on simpler tasks for the first 12 months, to give them time to learn about the company, its policies and procedures and the different systems that they have, before progressing to take on the more complex elements of this role.
The competencies of a Consultant Engineer are:
• Be able to apply academic knowledge and display a reasonable level of knowledge of geotechnical and environmental technical disciplines.
• Carry out a range of routine site implementation activities.
• Contribute within a team to the design and execution of a wide range of activities.
• Ability to take instruction and meet deadlines.
• Understanding of the importance of meeting customer needs.
• Identify opportunities to create technical solutions to problems.
• Appreciate the role of their areas of ground engineering expertise within a project and in relation to other disciplines.
Any engineers that already have already got and EUSR card, have completed SCO (safe control of operations) for gas networks, or have a Thames Water passport would be at an advantage.
Our client is a geotechnical and environmental consultancy offering a comprehensive range of services to the housing developers, public sector development, commercial construction, road, rail and utilities sectors. These vary from desk studies through to on-site intrusive investigations, which are used to provide ground models for contaminated land assessments, foundation, pavement, road and drainage designs. In addition, they undertake slope stability analysis and design, basement impact assessments, contamination remediation strategies and validation reports together with earthworks specifications and material management plans.
To date they have undertaken over five thousand investigations for a wide range of projects including; investigations of former gas works, petrol stations, landfills, chemical works, government sites, airports and railways, as well as schools, hospitals and green field sites.
- Sector: Civil Engineering
- Contact: Andy McKenzie
- Contact Email: Andy.McKenzie@Anderselite.com
- Contact Phone: 02380 21221
- Expiry Date: 06 December 2021
- Job Ref: 394685AMC