Job Title: Construction Manager (Rail Depot / Extension)
Sectors: Depot, Civil Engineering, Rail, Building Construction, Infrastructure
Job Type: Permanent role
Salary: Circa £60,000 Per Annum + Package (Negotiable based on relevant experience)
Our client, an established and leading Principal Construction Contractor, operating within Civil Engineering sector, is currently looking for a Construction Manger to join their team on a permanent basis. The role sits within their Rail division and will entail delivering work on a rail/tram depot extension, inclusive of External & Internal works.
You will be responsible for the Construction Site activity within a live depot environment, for all Internal & External works. The role will involve Managing and Supervising Construction activity supported by the discipline Delivery Mangers and Site Engineers. You will demonstrate strong leadership and operate with collaborative management behaviours and effective communication skills. The Construction Manager will work alongside Self Delivery personnel and oversee specialist Subcontractors, managing multidisciplinary Civils, Building works, Track & systems for Light Rail infrastructure.
Daily duties will include but are not limited to:
- Reporting daily into the Senior Project Manager.
- Managing the Depot Internal & external works within a safe & environmentally responsible manner .
- Ensuring works are completed in line with the agreed schedule of works.
- Ensuring works are delivered within Cost and quality, in accordance with the company principles (Delivered to time, cost and quality etc).
- Performing the above tasks in accordance with collaborative behaviours, demonstrated across multiple stakeholders.
- Discharging CDM Principal Contractor duties on behalf of the contractor.
- Managing Site Performance/Contract Management of works packages.
- Leading weekly site meetings, ensuring health and safety, programme and work package KPIs are adhered to.
- Ensuring workforce and subcontractors discharge their duties in line with agreed policies & procedures.
- Ensuring accurate record keeping is maintained throughout the duration of the works.
Candidates will ideally:
- Have worked in a similar role on rail depot construction / extension projects.
- Have 5+ years’ experience working on major civil engineering / construction rail projects.
- Hold a Professional Membership or be working towards a membership.
- Relevant qualifications such as: Degree, CSCS Card, SMSTS, PTS, First Aid etc.
- Working knowledge of HSQE, CDM and NEC & ICE contracts.
- Have knowledge of building construction, Rail and Civil Engineering including:
- Reinforced concrete, Track & Systems, plant, labour and materials.
- Have a commercial mindset about to complete basic budget management and cost control.
- Eye for detail and quality control
- Have working knowledge of HSQE principles.
For more information or to apply for the role, please contact Tim Smyth on 0121 200 5520.