Summary of Role:
Reporting to the appointed Sector/ Operations/ Senior Contracts Manager the Construction Manager has responsibility for the operational management and performance of the contract(s) / site(s) to which he is assigned.
Ensuring works are completed safely to programme, budget and quality standards expected by the client in a professional and ethical manner adhering to commercial guidelines, established best practice and professional/company standards.
The Construction Manager will:
Ensure all supporting functions sustain operational management to maximise returns in terms of profit and service level.
Identify, manage and reduce all unnecessary costs and inefficient activities - ensure project / contract risks are clearly identified and controlled.
Promote the development of team members and actively encourage effective relationships.
Ensure the requirements of HSE policies are fully understood and implemented.
Ensure the establishment and administration of working processes, planned and reactive maintenance regimes, health, safety and environmental management and support to the contract commercial team are all key parts of the role.
Ensure that all works including those of suppliers and subcontractors are supervised and coordinated to deliver on safety, quality, programme and environmental objectives.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
* Ensure that the works are undertaken in accordance with all HS&E legislation, procedures & Minimum Safety Standards, and the site Health Safety and Environmental Plans.
* Manage subcontractors, service providers & operatives to construct the works safely.
* Review, produce & monitor Task Control Sheets & method statements for all works
* Ensure site inductions are carried out
* Puts safety first and instill this in subcontractors and suppliers.
* Ensure that works are coordinated to ensure suitable safe access and segregation is maintained.
* Ensures that suitable welfare is in place and maintained.
* Make efficient use of standard IT packages to efficiently manage own time.
* Use specialist software to assist in contract delivery for example 4Contracts, COINS etc.
* Understand contract objectives and communicate to site teams.
* Sets up teams to complete sections of work.
* Recognises change on site and retains records as required by the established change control process.
* Assists in establishing procedures to ensure that all safety documentation is collated and retained for example scaffold inspection records, PUWER records etc.
* Participates in knowledge share events.
* Develops day to day plan for site operations from contract programme.
* Fully aware of the resource requirements to effectively complete a section of work.
* Familiar with supply chain procedures.
* Makes effective use of Plant Support Team.
* Manages site activities to ensure works are carried out safely and in accordance with the method statements, that they remain on target and takes action as required to rectify problems.
* Effectively manages site reporting such as record sheets, site diary etc.
* Sets up processes to ensure the site team effectively manage all site reporting such as record sheets, site instructions, daily diary, EPI, handover information etc
* Capable of arranging for works to be executed to meet an established budget
* Familiar with COINS
* Establishes and works to maintain robust open and honest reporting with all parties to ensure contract meets targets.
* Ensures that key details pertaining to the works are clearly communicated across the contract team.
* Assist in negotiations with subcontractors, the client etc. to reach resolution on commercial issues always aiming for a win - win situation.
* Aware of the process and actively aims to safeguard the contract from action of this kind.
* Is familiar and can work within the conditions of contract on the contracts that they have been involved with.
* Leads in management of the contract risk register and assigning owners to risks and ensuring that these are actively managed out. Likewise for opportunity.
* Ensures that robust on site procedures are established and employed and undertakes daily checks.
* Undertakes regular checks to ensure workforce including sub-contractors are meeting quality requirements.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.