• To take responsibility for the management of all commercial aspects of the business area including supporting pre-contract and operations, managing commercial risk and opportunity, ensuring accuracy of forecasts and that all commercial reporting procedures are adhered to
• To support the delivery of projects providing pre award, procurement and post award contract administration support, monitoring compliance with contract obligations and driving value from the supply chain
Aims and Objectives
• To focus on the expected management behaviours for achieving significant results and outcomes for the business.
• To work with and manage the commercial team and ensure all work at every stage of a project is completed on time, within budget and to the correct standard.
• To manage commercial risks to ensure profitable contracts and sound cash flow performance.
• To lead the team to ensure we maximise project margin and add value to the construction process by proactive involvement in procurement, cost management and reporting
• To drive best value from suppliers and subcontractors
• Ensure internal governance is followed at all times
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Working for the Building Services Director to commercially manage a specific area of the business, with a functional report through to the Commercial Director
• To provide support and guidance to the commercial team and to the wider operational team on all contractual, financial and commercial activities on projects
• To take an active role in risk mitigation and management across the project commercial activities.
• To advise senior management of any commercial matters likely to have a significant effect on the projects.
• To ensure that project controls and processes are operated and effectively managed.
• Represent the company and its interests with clients and professional organisations.
• Ensure that cost/value reconciliation and is completed for all projects in accordance with company policy
• Attend project review meetings monthly and ensure accurate reporting of the status of each project is accurately reflected in the monthly forecast submissions
• Co-ordinate, consolidate and report on the following financial KPI’s as required by the company accounting timetable and policy Revenue, Cash, GM, Order Intake, Overhead Expenditure, Business planning and Budgets and Invoicing.
• To assist in the recruitment and development of the commercial team to meet the needs of the business.
The knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience relevant to the position are:
• Educated to Degree level in quantity surveying or similar construction-related subject
• Experience directing teams
• Commercial acumen and contractual awareness
• Excellent written and oral communication
• Previous experience in similar role
• Previous experience of Causeway accounting system
• Previous experience of managing and developing a team
If you deem yourself suitable for this position, please apply Immediately,
- Sector: Building Services, Construction, Facilities Management
- Contact: George Manning
- Contact Email: George.Manning@Anderselite.com
- Contact Phone: 0207 7437520
- Expiry Date: 09 December 2022
- Job Ref: 399404GMG