Job Title: Commercial Manager (HS2)
Sector: HS2, Civil Engineering, Drainage, Earthworks, Highways, Structures, Tunnelling etc
Job Type: Contract role
Duration: 6-month contract
Start Date: November 2020 (ASAP).
Day Rate: £450.00 to £500.00 Per Day (Negotiable on relevant experience)
Our client, an established Civil Engineering and Construction Contractor, who operate within the Infrastructure sector, have excellent opportunities available for experienced Commercial Managers to join their HS2 team. This is an exciting opportunity that will provide a chance to work on the Main Civil Engineering works on HS2 projects.
In this role you will be responsible for the financial management of high-profile HS2 projects, from inception through to completion, inclusive of tendering, procurement, contract negotiation, agreement of contracts, as well as commercially delivering major projects. Furthermore, you will be required to help manage the risk element of projects, highlighting early warnings to the Commercial Director, processing claims and managing compensation events, as well as pricing schemes and negotiating costs with clients and subcontractors, completing financial reports and providing progress updates on projects, whilst managing the supply chain.
This role would suit an experienced Commercial Manager with a track record of working at Commercial Manager or Managing Quantity Surveyor level, who has a strong knowledge of NEC forms of contract.
Daily duties will include but are not limited to:
- Financially managing high-profile and high-value HS2 projects, from inception through to completion.
- Worked on projects through tendering, procurement, contract negotiation and delivery stages.
- Managing the risk element of projects, highlighting early warnings, processing claims and managing compensation events.
- Pricing schemes and negotiating costs with clients and subcontractors, completing financial reports and providing progress updates on projects, whilst managing the supply chain.
- Preparing monthly CVR's and associated commercial reports.
- Management and reporting of Commercial Risk and Opportunity.
Candidates will ideally have:
- A relevant industry qualification, such as a Degree, ONC, HNC or NVQ Equivalent.
- Chartered status such as RICS, ICE or CIOB.
- Previous experience working in a similar role, having delivered heavy Civil Engineering or HS2 works which include, but are not limited to: Drainage, Highways/Roads, Structures, Earthworks etc.
- Working knowledge of NEC forms of contract.
- Working knowledge of contract law.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website at anderselite.com/non-discrimination-policy