We are currently working with a leading Facilities Service provider to recruit a Commercial Manager for a large construction site in the Bridgwater area
The role will be to ensure that the commercial and financial management activities on a key customer account are carried out effectively and in accordance with (NEC3 based) contractual requirements and company policies and procedures. You will need to work closely with Operational Management and The Customer and regularly liaise with a range of wider internal and external programme stakeholders.
Summary of Role:
- Leading delivery against NEC3 commercial management requirements, including:
- Preparation of accurate cost plus accounting information and invoices under NEC3 Pricing Options C & E;
- Working closely with The Customer and Operational Management to review, manage and/or deliver NEC3 processes and contractual mechanisms including: Task Orders, Payment Assessments, Payment Options & Price List, Compensation Events, Early Warnings and Service Manager Instructions; and
- Day to day management of commercial processes on CEMAR (NEC3 contract management system).
- Lead on developing. compiling and distributing contract performance reporting for both internal and external users
- Provide contractual and commercial advice to Operational Management to support on matters such as: key commercial risks & mitigations, key contractual rights & obligations, revenue enhancement and cost control opportunities
- Lead on protecting the business' commercial position on any material contractual disputes, working closely with the Legal and Operational Teams, including: delivering commercial analysis, developing and recommending commercial strategy and plan, planning and execution of that commercial plan
- Negotiate to given boundaries solo or in conjunction with other stakeholders, and communicate outcomes and any operational or commercial actions to relevant stakeholders.
- Provide assurance to the business that the commercial / contractual imperatives on the contract are being adhered to and that risks are being appropriately identified and managed.
- Advise on, and review the ongoing performance of suppliers against commercial terms at the account level in collaboration with the Regional procurement function
- Attain a detailed understanding of the contractual documentation, working with business development, legal, operations, finance etc to ensure that the commercial terms are well understood and bid strategies are in place for dealing with risks and converting entitlements
- Manage and produce commercial cost models and commercial responses to required standards
- Degree level or equivalent
- Demonstrable commercial technical knowledge and experience
- Experience of NEC contracts
- Proven ability to successfully negotiate on high "value at stake" issues
- Proven dispute resolution process experience
- A strategic thinker with strong commercial awareness, excellent interpersonal awareness and influencing skills and a target/profit driven attitude with a focus on delivering results
- Understanding of NEC Contract Payment Applications
- Management accounting / QS qualification and experience (according to specific role)
- Legal knowledge with contract forms
- Clear understanding of key issues in outsourcing / FM market.
- Knowledge and experience of commercial contract forms and imperatives
- Strong FM or construction background
- Experience in dealing with construction defects
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.