Responsible for initiating and leading tasks and processes, taking responsibility and being accountable, where relevant, for the work and roles of others whilst exercising broad autonomy and judgement within broad parameters in their area of responsibility. Specialist learning and involves detailed analysis of a high level of information and knowledge in an area of work or study.
Summary of Role:
Reports to Project Manager and (Sector / Project / Senior) Commercial (Manager / Director). Main responsibility;-
· Lead the commercial function on the project or within the sector for which they are responsible.
· Ensure the timely provision of accurate commercial reports and data to the business.
· Pursue own professional development and provide guidance and support to develop other commercial staff
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities:
Develop a good understanding of the wider aspects of Health, Safety and Environmental law affecting a Facilities business.
· Have a full understanding of contracts and project delivery to ensure the very best commercial outcomes for the projects on which you work.
· Ensure the implementation of the requirements of Health Safety, Quality and Environmental procedures and conduct all duties in a manner consistent with these.
· Highly competent in the application of IT skills to financial problems and the production of project documentation.
· Maintain a wide knowledge of business systems to manage and present business information
· Make best use of knowledge management systems
· Use the CAFM platform to demonstrate our value to our clients.
· Share best practice and knowledge of using the IT platforms with the wider Commercial/Project team.
· Act upon the Management Information available from our IT records to drive commercial improvement through the project.
· Provide input and assist Divisional and Winning work teams to develop proposals to secure new opportunities
· Develop an understanding of the wider finance and property issues that may affect the Facilities business.
· Promote knowledge share and learning to develop an innovative team philosophy
· Be a lean management champion and constantly drive the project teams to look for better ways of delivering the service.
· Identify, manage, reduce and drive out unnecessary costs and inefficient activities
· Maximise cash flow through timely preparation of valuations, submission of invoices and receipt of payment
· Maintain a high level understanding of planning and programming to ensure accurate progress reporting
· Work with supply chain to promote and measure continuous improvement in terms of cost, quality and learning of all parties
· Anticipate and plans change in commercial resource within a project
· Establish and maintain accurate and robust reporting structures and monitor resources and costs to ensure that projects meet and / or exceed targets
· Develop comprehensive understanding of financial models including cashflow; turnover forecasts and project profit / loss statements
· Demonstrates and maintains a high level of commercial and technical knowledge and works closely with the delivery team to review techniques and solutions to meet business and customer needs
· Early identification of business risks in projects and ensuring that risk management, risk registers and contingency are in place to manage a minimise risk
· Manage prompt preparation and settlement of final accounts.
· Ability to develop new ideas and developing it into a different approach
· Close out project efficiently using a high degree of understanding and working knowledge of project close out processes
HSEQ Training-IOSH Managing Safely
Qualification-BA (Hons) in Accounting and Finance or similar
Additional Role Requirements:
Experience-Experience required managing all commercial activities, commercial lead experience on public and/or private sector facilities contracts. Strong facilities operations experience.
Professional Institution Membership-CIOB
Qualification-Any other commercial management related qualifications
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.