Job Title: Business Development Manager / Consultant (Technology)
Location: East London (Havering, Rainham, Essex, East London and Kent)
Start Date: Q1 2021
Sectors: Technology, Innovation, Engineering, Manufacturing
Type: Permanent role
Salary: £60,000 to £68,000 Per Annum + Package (Negotiable on relevant experience)
Our client, a leading independent Research & Technology Organisation (RTO), who have proven experience in developing improved and innovative manufacturing processes, is currently looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to join their team in East London, generally strengthening their team as a direct result of winning a tender to operate and deliver the London Innovation Gateway (Havering), part of the Innovation Gateway Alliance, covering the following regions: Havering, Rainham, Essex, East London and Kent.
Bridging the gap between academia and industry implementation, our client develops innovative manufacturing processes and technologies, in an agile/low risk environment, working in partnership with industry professionals, academia and other related institutions to deliver bespoke manufacturing system solutions for their customers, helping to improve efficiencies within a business.
Working across a variety of sectors, our client provides integrated manufacturing system solutions for customers large and small, including industries such as; automotive, aerospace, rail, informatics, food & drink, construction/civil engineering, electronics, oil & gas and defence, specialising in digital manufacturing, additive manufacturing, automation and robotics, as well as intelligent automation. Operating within Technology Readiness Levels (TRLs) 4-7, they drive continuous development which helps to; Accelerate the UK's industrial growth, deliver innovation, change the way businesses compete, create and embed future skill set and maximise synergies within supply chains.
In this role, you will develop business with new clients (from growing SME's to established contractors), offering consultative advice on upcoming industry technologies, helping companies to embrace the latest technology and improve their productivity, to help give them the very best competitive advantage.
This role would suit and experienced Business Development Manager (BDM), who has a wealth of knowledge and background in technical consulting, within the manufacturing and technology industry. This role provides the opportunity to join an internal Manufacturing Support Services team and a fast-growing organisation, with a strong and unique capability, in a key geographic part of the UK.
Duties & responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Delivering the primary business objectives for Manufacturing Support Services.
- Pro-actively engaging with prospective clients in a timely and professional manner.
- Owning and maintaining key client relationships.
- Understanding a client's technological and strategic roadmaps.
- Identifying opportunities to deliver training, apprenticeships or skills-based improvements to SMEs in the region.
- Understanding and validating the financial position of the client and their funding stream, generating business cases for funding allocation.
- Understanding the client's internal organisational structure and alignment with budget holders.
- Developing proposals, delivering presentations, speaking at events and running workshops.
- Closing deals with clients, identifying next stage projects.
- Managing sales pipeline and reporting through the phases of opportunity identification, validation, qualification and then closing.
- Providing proactive support to the Head of Business Development.
Candidates will ideally have:
- Previous experience working as a Business Development Manager, or Technical Consultant, with a technology innovation, manufacturing or engineering company, operating within an applicable sector.
- A relevant qualification, such as a degree of an MBA, relating to business studies, manufacturing, engineering (or similar), having a strong knowledge of engineering and manufacturing techniques.
- 5+ years business development experience, ideally with a manufacturing consultancy, preferably in industries such as: Industrial Manufacturing, Automotive, Aerospace and Defence, Electronics, General Engineering etc.
- A consultative business development approach with strong communication skills and presentation skills.
- Strong IT skills across Microsoft Office, including spreadsheet financial modelling.
- Experience of working with a range of companies, from start-up SME's to established contractors.
For more information or to apply for this role, please apply for the role online initially, or connect with Tim Smyth at Anderselite, via LinkedIn.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.