Job Title: Business Development Manager / Consultant (Aerospace & Defense)
Location: North West (Liverpool, Manchester, Preston)
Start Date: Q1 2021
Sectors: Aerospace, Defence, Security (Technology, Engineering, Manufacturing)
Type: Permanent role
Salary: £50,000 to £60,000 Per Annum + Package (Negotiable on relevant experience)
Our client, a leading independent Research & Technology Organisation (RTO), who have proven experience in developing improved and innovative manufacturing processes for their customers, is currently looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to join their team in the North West England region.
In this role you will identify opportunities within the Aerospace, Defence and Security sectors, working with customers to understand challenges faced within their manufacturing process, offering a unique and bespoke service, developing innovative working methods and techniques, through to use of bespoke technology.
Duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Identifying key contacts within targeted clients, developing strong mutually beneficial relationships.
- Building working relationships at all levels internally, integrating yourself as a member of the sector team.
- Taking responsibility for developing client accounts and creating capture plans.
- Developing a new business pipeline, for both new and existing accounts, where you will be working on opportunities worth between £3 Million - £10 Million per year.
- Ensuring maximum value for clients.
- Taking accountability for identified opportunities, through from requirements capture to the delivery of compelling value-added proposals, in line with current processes.
- Leading communications with clients, through to receipt of purchase order, proactively seeking customer feedback during and post-delivery of projects.
- Tracking all activities through the daily use of a CRM system.
- Being responsible for providing a 12-month rolling order forecast, for use at monthly sector review meetings.
Applicable candidates will ideally have:
- A relevant qualification, such as a degree or an MBA, in business, manufacturing or engineering etc.
- Previous experience working as a Business Development Manager (Technical Consultant or similar), within the Defense, Aerospace or Security sectors.
- A strong understanding of manufacturing processes within the above sectors, have proven revenue generating business development experience, skilled in complex sales.
- An understanding (or previous experience) of innovation within manufacturing technology and its application within the above sectors.
- Proven experience developing complex client value propositions.
- Previous experience in a client-facing role and working with large business customers.
- Experience with advanced technology, multiple sectors and service selling (rather than product selling).
- Strong communication and relationship building ability.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.