Building Services Manager
North West Based
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Building Services Manager to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of building services throughout the pre-construction phase. You will act as a subject matter expert for all things MEP to support a range of projects, giving guidance and identifying any potential problems relating to the building services.
• Ensuring the successful delivery of building services throughout the pre-construction phase.
• To control the selection of sub-contractors to tender from the supply chains.
• Acting as subject matter expert for all things MEP to support a range of projects, giving guidance and identifying any potential problems relating to the building services, working closely with our site teams and leaders within the business to drive improvements to our pre-construction Building Services processes & strategy.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Adhering to the company H&S policy.
• Monitor, co-ordinate and control the flow of M&E design information to ensure the timely release of information for construction activities.
• Review M&E concept designs and stage 4 & 5 sub-contractor led designs.
• Ensuring the M&E designers identify hazards and assess risks to health and safety when designing the works.
• Review M&E design information at tender stage and undertake a full design gap analysis to advise the estimating team of any design shortfalls.
• Review tender design information and look for any possible Value Engineering opportunities for Glencar and the client.
• Manage, track and control the statutory utility providers.
• Ensure all required approvals (statutory, regulatory, client and company) are in place as and when required.
• Assist in ensuring that the M&E designers produce design development, construction and commissioning programmes which meet the needs of the contract programme, and review the programmes regularly as required.
• Produce weekly Building Services Status Reports on their projects.
• Assist, when required, in the selection and appointment of the M&E consultant designers and design and build sub-contractors.
• Ensure M&E information released for construction has been reviewed by all interface designers and construction team and amended/approved prior to issue for construction and is in line with the specification/ contract.
• Ensure M&E designs and details produced are economic and do not exceed budgeted or estimated cost without good reason and are in conformance with the specified or detailed requirements for quality.
• Ensure the M&E design is validated on completion of the works.
• Keep appropriate cost and installation records including the witnessing of testing and commissioning as required.
• Carry out cost checks on M&E design proposals and report serious deviations to senior management.
• Ensure risk assessments are carried out and all risks identified.
• Assist in the production of O & M manuals on completion of the project.
• Ensure that specialist mechanical and electrical sub-contractors work strictly within company Safety Management System and comply fully with all its requirements.
• Contribute to the regular Project Reporting and attend Project Meetings where required.
• To ensure that production controls are in place for monitoring, reporting, benchmarking works and improving performance.
• Inspect M&E works and produce reports.
• Undertake snagging of the M&E installation.
• To work to the Company’s Quality, Environmental and Safety Management System standards and performance criteria including delivering the objectives set.
• To co-operate on matters of health and safety and follow the training provided. To take reasonable care of personal and other’s health and safety at all times.
• Investigate and capitalise on repeat business opportunities on live sites.
• To maintain and nurture strong relationships with external parties providing mutual benefits and promote teamwork and co-operation across all departments internally to maximise team and business goals.
• To ensure that department operations are conducted in accordance with the Company’s Health & Safety policy. Ensure suitable and sufficient risk assessments are conducted considering both colleagues and contractors/customers and introduce measures to reduce the risks to as low a level as reasonably practicable.
• To encourage and support your team in enhancing their performance by providing direction, regular feedback and development opportunities.
• Any other duties consistent with the role of Building Services Manager as may be required from time to time.
• Minimum of 5 years relevant industry experience
• Member of an industry related professional body (e.g. CIBSE, ASHRAE, IEE)
• Working towards MCIOB / CIBSE
• Strong design/estimating experience.
• Excellent IT skills – proficient in suite of Microsoft programmes (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Awareness of and adherence to company policies and health and safety requirements
• Experience gained in complex and geographically dispersed construction or built environment businesses
• Ability to undertake project planning, project management and work to budgets
• Commitment to continual learning to refine, further develop and apply expertise to add distinctive value to the Company
• Experience of successfully embedding change in an organisation.
• Commercially astute with a strong understanding of the construction process
• A self-starter able to demonstrate high levels of initiative, tenacity and self-motivation and be comfortable working with a high degree of autonomy
• Has strong problem solving and considered decision-making skills
• Methodical, analytical and organised with an attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Ability to work under pressure
• Able to build effective relationships across the business and externally at all levels
• Strong leadership skills - articulating a vision that generates excitement, enthusiasm and commitment
• Strong motivation to mentor and upskill junior team members
• Personable and effective team player
• Open to feedback with a willingness to learn and improve
If this is of intrest to yourself, feel free to contact Joseph Duffy on,
0161-302-9885 - Joseph.Duffy@Anderselite.com